E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Drivers mirror issues - usual fixes completed

02-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
Jason_gti
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Drivers mirror issues - usual fixes completed

Hi

Please help. I have a dead drivers mirror.
The glass does not move, neither does the mirror power fold.
The passenger mirror glass moves, folds and tilts when reversing.
When I press the fold button or mirror buttons for the drivers side there is no noise from the drivers mirror at all.

The fuses seem fine.
I have taken the door switch out of the door card and the plug looks clean but not tested it.
I have taken the black round tilt mech off the drivers mirror and put it on the passenger side. The mirror tilted and worked - so itÂ’s not the connector of the mech.

What do I do next?

How do I test the door to mirror wires?
How do I test the mirror motor wiring ?
Does the switch have more than one set of wires to the mirror, can the switch be tested ?

Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #2
asteele6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 330i

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for help. My E90 330i driver side mirror is basically toast. when I used the power folding option to fold them out and drive, it either no longer stops or goes way beyond the stopping point before stopping and is at a bad angle so I cant see out of it. I looked at the mechanism and noticed that it has been worn down too much and cannot be fixed on its own. I bought a replacement assembly from a junk yard and when it arrived it was easy to replace except I have one problem which is why I am here searching this forum for answers. After I installed the new, used mirror, and plugged it in, the window and mirror controls stopped working and the drivers side mirror glass moves down. If I manually move the glass the motor moves it back down so I am looking at the ground. If I unplug the mirror, I regain the controls for my windows and passenger mirror and the passenger mirror will also power fold back and forth like it should, I just cant control the drivers side mirror at all. Can anybody point me in the right direction to get this fixed. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
pedro2u
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3 6MT, '08 E92 335Xi

Garage List
does this work for you?

Appreciate 0