F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Comparison part pics of base 300mm rear to 330mm
Extreme Powerhouse

03-09-2020, 08:11 AM   #1
blumagic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive , 2013 SHO

Comparison part pics of base 300mm rear to 330mm

I picked up a set of grey 435 brakes a while back and finally got everything installed finally. There was a ton of info on the front brakes; changed the dust shield easily, just bolts on and no pulling of the hub). I also bought 4 wear sensors, 2 front and 2 rear. IDK why, no car i ever owned has had sensors on all four corners. I only needed 1 front and 1 rear, so pay attention better than me and save a few $.

The rears were a little different. Specifically, I didn't know if the dust shields would fit. Come to find out my '14 328xi rear shields were plenty big and the 330mm rotors fit perfect.

I thought the comparison of the part sizes was interesting. The rotors and pads are much bigger (obviously), but I thought it might be helpful to see them side by side for someone.

IMO this is a great budget upgrade, I got all four calipers for $200 from a FB BMW group.

bottom are the new Hawk 5.0 rear pads compared to the pad that came with the car.

One thing I also didn't figure out was that I also did ECS braided lines. They offer "mids" when you put your F30 in. The calipers came with lines that were separate from everything, which I assumed were the mids. However, I followed the line back, after the main rubber hose that connects to the hardline, the hardline continues underneath the gas tank. After removing some of the trim in front of the gas tank all I saw were hardlines. I wasn't extremely vigilant about searching every square inch but I couldn't tell if there were any other mid rubber lines.

So if someone knows, please chime in.

The pedal also feels good, IDK if i should code.

bonus pic of the terrible vibrating fronts off and the new fronts installed.

I didn't weigh anything, so check me if I am tripping. Are the front grey calipers lighter? Something feels different in the front end, usually with the H&R springs and stock shocks the dampening feels totally off and now it feels marginally better. Or it is just placebo from not worrying about my car driving itself of the road from shaking under braking LOL.

Last edited by blumagic; 03-09-2020 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Thanks for posting.

I have a 328i m sport without the blue brakes, and have been looking into doing the bigger 335i rears, so it would have 13” all the way around, the way my e90 330i originally did.
Appreciate 0