E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 Rattle after Guibo/Flexdisk replacement

03-12-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
KC328E92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi E92

E92 Rattle after Guibo/Flexdisk replacement

I recently had my 2011 E92 in to the shop for a replacement of my Guibo/Flexdisk on the driveshaft. I've used the shop a lot and they've always done a great job. When driving it home, a rattle developed around 35 mph but was transient. Subsequently, the rattle continued and was constant but only occurring around 35 mph (between 32-38 mph consistently). I took it back to the shop, they rechecked it and couldn't find any issues. It continued for a few more days sounding like it was coming from just below the center console. After checking every component inside the HVAC and center console without luck to find or suppress the rattle. The car was driving fine throughout the whole time - accelerating, cruising, and braking and no vibration was felt on the road.

I took it back to the shop for another look after searching all the forums and briefly (VERY briefly) contemplating selling the car - I love my E92 black with red interior. They took everything off, particularly the heat shields, but could not find a source. They drove it again and did find that one of the brake lines on the passenger side which is above and tucked forward from the Guibo/driveshaft. It had come off the hook holding it in place. They put it back in the right location and haven't had any more rattles for the last 24 hours.

Just wanted to share with everyone in case you have a rattle that you can't find.

Shout out to Hafkemeyer Motors in KC for sticking with it and doing a great job to find the rattle after the repair and save my sanity!
Appreciate 0