E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Headlight Support Bracket

03-20-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Headlight Support Bracket

I'm replacing my bumper and I noticed my headlights were a bit loose. Upon removing the bumper, I noticed there's one screw missing from the back of the mounting bracket and all the other screws were loose. While reassembling, I noticed that the bottom of the plastic headlight support bracket isn't attached to anything, yet it looks like there are holes there in the bracket itself and a few inches behind it to a support piece as seen in this photo:

Is the bottom of the headlight support bracket supposed to be hanging free like this? Is it supposed to be attached to something? I searched realoem.com and read the Bentley manual and couldn't find any diagrams showing this.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

I just wanted to post a follow-up in case anyone else ever runs into this.

I could not find anything anywhere indicating that those lower holes in the headlight suppport bracket attach to anything. All the videos and DIY instructions for removing E90 headlights make no mention of anything ever being connected to those. So it appears that they're not connected to anything.

Also, when reinstalling my headlights I made sure to tighten all the screws properly, two screws hold the headlight to the support bracket, two inner and one outer screw to attach the support bracket to the car, then two screws on top of the headlight. All is good now.
Appreciate 0