BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X4M Comp

Supersprint race exhaust...

Being new to the Euro cars, I am floored by the price of these exhaust systems. I came across Supersprint, they seem to be more reasonable. I really want to get some sound out of this thing. The rear "Race exhaust" looks appealing if you dont mind losing your valves. Anyone have experience with these systems?

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/sp...ition-opf.aspx
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #2
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Supersprint is a well respected brand in Europe. MrItaly knows these guys personally and has a Supersprint downpipe installed.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Yes, I've spoken with their owner extensively about our car and heard first-hand what works and doesn't. Search my thread on my downpipes for my positive impressions. Some in this forum have criticized the "beauty" of their welds. I am a satisfied customer. Let me know what info you need.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #4
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Yes, I've spoken with their owner extensively about our car and heard first-hand what works and doesn't. Search my thread on my downpipes for my positive impressions. Some in this forum have criticized the "beauty" of their welds. I am a satisfied customer. Let me know what info you need.
I was looking speficially at the rear section race exhaust. I need to figure out who their US distributor is.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #5
MrItaly
Major
Rep

I bought while in country. Not sure about their US distributor. I might be able to facilitate a transaction with their owner if you're sure of what you want. That said, the owner's opinion of their rear solution was less than convincing. He admitted that BMW did an excellent job with the rear pipes and the exhaust overall for that matter, given worldwide emissions restrictions (US and European). From my conversations with SuperSprint, it all depends on your goals. Performance only (with a US spec car), swap out your primary cat ( high flow cat or catless) and performance gains, as well as acoustical gains, will be recognized. For European customers with that damn OPF filter combined with the secondary cat, they have another option to delete which I highly endorse. Do not go catless and resonatorless(full straight pipe) with this six cylinder. The result will be metallic and Japanese-sounding. I've heard it.....This six needs a resonator at a minimum between the engine and the exhaust.

Last edited by MrItaly; 04-15-2020 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
Quote:
I was looking speficially at the rear section race exhaust. I need to figure out who their US distributor is.
I think SuperSprint USA is ran by them directly.

Vettethret , I can order it if you want it.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:09 PM   #7
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post

From the prices I've seen here in the USA compared to what I paid in country, I am not convinced. It's like there's a tale of two cities going on here... Their products are so much cheaper in Europe compared to what I've seen quoted in the States. Not sure why that is.....
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:15 PM   #8
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Quote:

From the prices I've seen here in the USA compared to what I paid in country, I am not convinced. It's like there's a tale of two cities going on here... Their products are so much cheaper in Europe compared to what I've seen quoted in the States. Not sure why that is.....
Anything is way cheaper in Europe. For example, AC Schnitzer parts.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:27 PM   #9
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Anything is way cheaper in Europe. For example, AC Schnitzer parts.
Agreed..... And I just don't get why it has to be that way. I suppose I must be too naive to international economics despite hopping between Europe and the US all my adult life.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:35 PM   #10
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Agreed..... And I just don't get why it has to be that way. I suppose I must be too naive to international economics despite hopping between Europe and the US all my adult life.
Where in Europe have you lived besides Italy?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:41 PM   #11
MrItaly
Major
Rep

20 plus years only Italy, but I have been tdy (some lengthy) to Germany on numerous occasions.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00
      04-14-2020, 10:44 PM   #12
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
20 plus years only Italy, but i have been tdy (some lengthy) to Germany on numerous occasions.
Awesome. Germany and Switzerland for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:47 PM   #13
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Awesome. Germany and Switzerland for me.
Better asphalt than Italy.... Although northern Italy isn't that much less inferior...How did you happen to experience Europe?

Last edited by MrItaly; 04-14-2020 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 10:54 PM   #14
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Better asphalt than Italy.... Although the north isn't that much less inferior...
We used to spend every summer in Italy, mostly in Rimini. Great times, great memories.
Appreciate 1
pluckydks621.50
      04-14-2020, 11:02 PM   #15
MrItaly
Major
Rep

I can certainly imagine. My compliments on your choice of vacation destinations. My most recent summer vacations were slightly south of Ancona on the same coast. Italy is such a beautiful country. I plan on retiring there.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00
      04-15-2020, 02:52 AM   #16
de_Mulles
Enlisted Member
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Good day to all of you here...hope you're all doing well

My name's Laurent, I'm from Luxemburg and my newly ordered X3MC is supposed to be delivered around June/July (My actual drive is a 2015 SQ5)

Meanwhile, I use the time in this forum to get me some good ideas about how to mod the car

So, here's a Supersprint exhaust I found a while ago searching for some decent sound on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHL9tWIu3bQ&t=289s ...starts getting interesting at around 04:37
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 06:47 AM   #17
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_Mulles View Post
Good day to all of you here...hope you're all doing well

My name's Laurent, I'm from Luxemburg and my newly ordered X3MC is supposed to be delivered around June/July (My actual drive is a 2015 SQ5)

Meanwhile, I use the time in this forum to get me some good ideas about how to mod the car

So, here's a Supersprint exhaust I found a while ago searching for some decent sound on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHL9tWIu3bQ&t=289s ...starts getting interesting at around 04:37
My goodness, that is one beautiful looking and sounding X3MC. Oh wait, that's mine! I never tire of watching that video. So what you hear is just a conservative stage one tune flash(upgraded to BM3 since then) on a mostly stock exhaust with exception of the primary catalytic converter. I spoke at length with the owner of SuperSprint about my options and their offerings for our car. He reccomended their high flow stainless steel primary catalytic down pipe and leave the rest of my exhaust stock which is exactly what I did on my US spec car. For his Euro spec customers, he reccomends the same solution I chose along with their secondary cat/ opf delete straight pipe and their resonator. Basta. Unless you have money to burn and want bragging rights to say you have a full SS exhaust, he does not reccomend the purchase of his rear tail pipe assembly. He says those factory tailpipes on our M are actually done quite well.
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #18
de_Mulles
Enlisted Member
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
My goodness, that is one beautiful looking and sounding X3MC. Oh wait, that's mine! I never tire of watching that video. So what you hear is just a conservative stage one tune flash(upgraded to BM3 since then) on a mostly stock exhaust with exception of the primary catalytic converter. I spoke at length with the owner of SuperSprint about my options and their offerings for our car. He reccomended their high flow stainless steel primary catalytic down pipe and leave the rest of my exhaust stock which is exactly what I did on my US spec car. For his Euro spec customers, he reccomends the same solution I chose along with their secondary cat/ opf delete straight pipe and their resonator. Basta. Unless you have money to burn and want bragging rights to say you have a full SS exhaust, he does not reccomend the purchase of his rear tail pipe assembly. He says those factory tailpipes on our M are actually done quite well.
LOL
As i looked on YT for the link this morning, I thought "could it possibly be MrItaly's car?"
Of all the vids I've seen on YT: The best sounding X3MC by far! Congrats
So what numbers are we talking about approx. for this mod?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 03:21 PM   #19
MRichmond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR, e60 M5, e36 IP

I bought my Supersprint exhausts for my e60 M5 from Turner Motorsports and highly recommend Turner. I cannot comment on the Supersprint offering for the X3M but was thrilled with the M5 setup. Supersprint generally has a more sophisticated sound than the more raspy choices like Eisenmann.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW...tems-and-parts
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #20
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_Mulles View Post
LOL
As i looked on YT for the link this morning, I thought "could it possibly be MrItaly's car?"
Of all the vids I've seen on YT: The best sounding X3MC by far! Congrats
So what numbers are we talking about approx. for this mod?
I got a special hookup from the owner while in country as I let them measure my secondary cat. They hadn't seen a US spec yet and were needing to confirm a few things. So I only paid about 400 for the high flow cat downpipe (their cost for the premium German stainless cat can they source to build their downpipe around). I think regular price is around 1000 euro and probably even more through a US distributor for our friends on that/ (this (I'm so confused these days)) side of the pond , but I could set you up with an introduction to the owner (really good dude) if you want to talk to him about a direct purchase with some kind of discount.

Ciao

Last edited by MrItaly; 04-16-2020 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #21
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichmond View Post
I bought my Supersprint exhausts for my e60 M5 from Turner Motorsports and highly recommend Turner. I cannot comment on the Supersprint offering for the X3M but was thrilled with the M5 setup. Supersprint generally has a more sophisticated sound than the more raspy choices like Eisenmann.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW...tems-and-parts
I bought from Turner as well for my E30 way back when...
Appreciate 0