F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > FS: New 10.25inch screen 9347878
Extreme Powerhouse

04-18-2020, 12:00 AM   #1
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

FS: New 10.25inch screen 9347878

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Bought wrong part number for my car hence selling. This is a brand new screen.

Attached Images

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:04 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

As you are looking for voltage regulator on another post, why can’t you use this one with the voltage regulator? You should be able to.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 10:19 PM   #3
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
As you are looking for voltage regulator on another post, why can’t you use this one with the voltage regulator? You should be able to.
I think he is looking into doing that. I have been talking to him about this screen and following the other thread as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As you are looking for voltage regulator on another post, why can't you use this one with the voltage regulator? You should be able to.
As obert mentioned selling this screen and getting the right part is my first priority. But incase i couldn't sell this out the worst case is to use the voltage regulator cable.

do you have any regulator cable available? the ebay one will be taking more than a month to reach.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Quote:
As you are looking for voltage regulator on another post, why can't you use this one with the voltage regulator? You should be able to.
As obert mentioned selling this screen and getting the right part is my first priority. But incase i couldn't sell this out the worst case is to use the voltage regulator cable.

do you have any regulator cable available? the ebay one will be taking more than a month to reach.
No, I do not. Sorry.

Try express service. Still cheaper than buying replacement CID and selling old one.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 12:04 AM   #6
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not. Sorry.

Try express service. Still cheaper than buying replacement CID and selling old one.

cable cost $47 and express shipping $42. Let me check if codemybimmer has any availability.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 12:12 AM   #7
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not. Sorry.

cable cost $47 and express shipping $42. Let me check if codemybimmer has any availability.
You will not find a replacement CID for under $100, lol.

Plus, you still need to sell yours.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 12:32 AM   #8
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not. Sorry.

So you saying the cable will work 100%?

steve from codemybimmer has expressed a bit of doubt. That's the only thing stopping me from going the cable route. After purchase if the cable don't work then it's another 100 bucks loss :

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 01:08 AM   #9
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not. Sorry.

steve from codemybimmer has expressed a bit of doubt. That's the only thing stopping me from going the cable route. After purchase if the cable don't work then it's another 100 bucks loss :
fyi ... i did check the voltage output from my headunit sometime back it shows 11.34v. I hope the regulator cable will be able to control the voltage to 9v.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #10
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not. Sorry.

Yes the cable works 100% if everything else is correct.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #11
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not. Sorry.

Yes the cable works 100% if everything else is correct.
Thanks for providing the confidence. I will go ahead and order one tonight with express shipping.

do you think these params are good enough

CID_APIX_Mode = apix1
CID_COLOR_DEPTH = 24
CID_COM_MODE = spi
CID_DISPLAY_RES = 1280_480
CID_DISPLAY_SIZE = 10_25
CID_RESOLUTION = 1280_480 (might also be CID_DISPLAY_RES)
DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 05:19 PM   #12
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

You could also swap out the electronics card inside the screen. That's what I did for my entryevo2 currently running a 7543 screen with 626 electronic card.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 06:52 PM   #13
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed27 View Post
You could also swap out the electronics card inside the screen. That's what I did for my entryevo2 currently running a 7543 screen with 626 electronic card.
Voltage regulator worked out fine . will stick to it for sometime

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 10:04 PM   #14
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Can you explain more on this solution please. I have been experiencing screen black out more often now a days and it's really annoying

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 10:41 PM   #15
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Quote:
Can you explain more on this solution please. I have been experiencing screen black out more often now a days and it's really annoying
The entryevo2 only works with the 626 screen, however I bought a 7543 in really good condition by mistake. I wanted to use the 7543 screen, so I took a chance and ordered a 626 to disassemble. Once the back cover is removed, you'll see an electronics board where screen connects with ribbons. I transferred the board from the 626 screen to the 7543 screen and it worked. I'm assuming the voltage difference is regulated by that board. I can take pities of the procedure if needed.
Appreciate 0