M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Leftover 19 Delivery Excitement & Issues

05-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Leftover 19 Delivery Excitement & Issues

Hi guys…

Finally taking delivery of a leftover 2019 M850 Convertible this week. Being that it’s been sitting so long, anything I might want to look at especially closely at on delivery? Also, what is the absolutely latest version of the software so that I can make sure it is updated for delivery?

Finally...is the wind deflector stored in the trunk?

My Build:

Carbon Black
Tartufo
Drivers Asst
Drivers Asst Pro
Glass Controls (would rather not have this)
Neck Warmer
B&W

I'm going to Powder coat the wheels, Ceramic Pro Coating, black out the trim and tint right after delivery.

Thank you all. Been a pleasure reading your posts the last few months.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Congrats, check for:
  1. Flat spotted tires
  2. Brake rotor issues (contamination/high spots/warpage)
  3. All updates done
  4. Paint etching/damage if kept outside from sunlight, birds etc
  5. Small dents dings
  6. Paint work from long term lot damage
  7. Interior fading/leather dash shrinkage etc from long term sunlight exposure
  8. Battery levels
  9. Insist on oil change if sat for +/- a year
  10. Conv top may need to be resealed/treated

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #3
tracythorne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 850 GC

how are you planning on "blacking out" the trim? just curious, as I went back and forth for a while on ordering an 850 gc. the factory was not allowing shadowline (black trim) on the 850 gc unless i ordered black wheels at that time. chrome line was the only option - so i ended up getting one off the lot that had been built before the factory started that weird chrome line thing.

all i could find was black tape you apply, and decided to pass. what's your plan?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #4
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracythorne View Post
how are you planning on "blacking out" the trim? just curious, as I went back and forth for a while on ordering an 850 gc. the factory was not allowing shadowline (black trim) on the 850 gc unless i ordered black wheels at that time. chrome line was the only option - so i ended up getting one off the lot that had been built before the factory started that weird chrome line thing.

all i could find was black tape you apply, and decided to pass. what's your plan?
cant the trim be wrapped?

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Hi guys…

Finally taking delivery of a leftover 2019 M850 Convertible this week. Being that it’s been sitting so long, anything I might want to look at especially closely at on delivery? Also, what is the absolutely latest version of the software so that I can make sure it is updated for delivery?

My Build:

Carbon Black
Tartufo
Drivers Asst
Drivers Asst Pro
Neck Warmer
B&W

I'm going to Powder coat the wheels, Ceramic Pro Coating, black out the trim and tint right after delivery.

Congrats and RJC-1 hit all of the mechanical issues to look for, etc. In regards to "the absolutely latest version of the software" I'd avoid that like avoiding COVID-19. The latest version is 03/2020.XX but it has caused nothing but issues for those that have received the update. I'm on 11/2019.55 (latest of that revision) and it is rock solid so I'd shoot for that if at all possible. The catch-22 is that the 2019s have a rear-view camera recall and apparently the 03/2020 release may tie into that as that's how several 2019 members ended up with it and all the associated "bugs".
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:

The Wheels will be powder-coated. Some of the trim I believe will be wrapped, and some will be painted.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #7
tracythorne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 850 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Quote:

Yes - but getting it to look right and last is challenging
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #8
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:

Trim can absolutely be wrapped by a competent detailer. The detailer that did my PPF and Gtechniq ceramic coating does all kinds of vinyl wrapping from the full car to just the trim. In fact one of their most popular packages is their "chrome delete" which they do day in and day out on Teslas, BMW, Mercedes, etc. https://www.bulldogdetail.com/servic...-installation/ My plan is to have them do a "greyish asinine diffusor delete" on my M850i.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2020, 12:34 AM   #9
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:

Trim can absolutely be wrapped by a competent detailer. The detailer that did my PPF and Gtechniq ceramic coating does all kinds of vinyl wrapping from the full car to just the trim. In fact one of their most popular packages is their "chrome delete" which they do day in and day out on Teslas, BMW, Mercedes, etc. https://www.bulldogdetail.com/servic...-installation/ My plan is to have them do a "greyish asinine diffusor delete" on my M850i.
I've seen lots of work done and the chrome deleted looks easy and good by my detailing guys up here too.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:37 AM   #10
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Hi guys…

My Build:

Carbon Black
Tartufo
Drivers Asst
Drivers Asst Pro
Neck Warmer
B&W

Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:46 AM   #11
Blink2814
Rep
Drives: 650 convertible

Sounds like about 129-130k sticker, similar to one I picked up about a month ago. I got 30,500 off sticker for a new one, to give you an idea.

Check engine light came on after a couple hundred miles, they replaced a couple parts in the emissions area but I don't recall what they were. I asked them to do the software update because mine is the 07/2019 software and I rather get it done now as opposed to later after I have it dialed in and all my settings get wiped. They don't do that unless there is a problem apparently, also didn't do anything about the rear camera, so I don't know if it is a silly check the box recall or improved functionality.

Do MSDs if it's a lease to save yourself around $60 per month, if it's a purchase just pick up one with a couple thousand miles for high 80's to very low 90's.

I haven't kept up on the monthly leasing programs but do know there is a new incentive where they cover 2 lease payments.

Hope that helps, you'll love the car.
Appreciate 0