F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Passenger restraint system and parking assistance error
proTUNING Freaks

06-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
Lefo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i

Passenger restraint system and parking assistance error

I recently replaced my front and back dome light board. See this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1177313&page=2

I plugged everything back in and now I get a passenger restraint system error and also a parking assistance error. Note that when I remove the front dome light, I had to unplug the wires to the SOS button and the light of the passenger airbag. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I checked all my fuses with a multimeter and they are all fine.

Another issue which I do not know if it is linked is that there's no response to when I turn on any of the front dome lights. However, the lights do turn on and off when the car is unlocked, locked, etc. The back ones work fine though. I do not know if it is the board issue.

Unfortunately when I was doing all of this, I forgot to remove the ground in my battery. But I tried removing the ground and putting it back in to "reset" it.

Last edited by Lefo; 06-02-2020 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 09:28 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Chances are you caused an inoperative restraint system code to be thrown when you didn't remove the battery ground and now you'll have to reset it with an OBD diagnostic and repair tool. Disconnecting the battery won't reset it. If there's anything else causing the problem with the light it would diagnose that as well.
Appreciate 1