E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Update map for CIC Europe Premium - Problem, help

06-10-2020, 03:20 AM   #1
Dave320d
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Update map for CIC Europe Premium - Problem, help

Hello, I would like to ask for help with uploading the new navigation maps for the BMW E90.
I have Road Map Europe West PREMIUM USB 2020-1 maps, as the iDrive system does not support updating via USB, so I divided the USB file into 3 DVDs according to the instructions, then I burned these to a two-layer DVD and went to update the car. After inserting 1 DVD, the system asked if I wanted to perform the update, I entered "YES", then the system wanted the FSC code, I entered it again and the update started. Here I noticed that there is only - Storing navigation data in the car ... (DVD 1/1) and not as it should be (DVD 1/3), why is there only DVD 1/1 when the whole update is on 3 DVDs?
This 1 DVD update will take place up to 100%, the next DVD is no longer wanted by the system and the system will prompt the system to restart after restarting and clicking on the navigation will display the message "Starting navigation system ..." and this will either change to "Function currently not available" or there is still the message "Starting navigation system ...", even after an hour of driving. Don't know where the problem is and why the system does not want to be updated first from all 3 DVDs?

Thanks for helping with regards Dave
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 09:24 AM   #2
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

These maps are intended to be uploaded via USB, not DVD. They used to release separate versions for both USB and DVD media, but I believe they stopped doing so a while back.

Try copying the map data to a FAT-32 formatted USB and see if it offers to re-update the maps.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
bmwfan224
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93 325d

Hi. Have you fixed it?
I try to update my gps with the Road Map Europe West PREMIUM USB 2020-2 maps. I have cut my usb folder into 3 and now I am going to burn them to a dvd each. You did that? The first DVD I have recorded reads: DVD not readable navigation.
In a config file i can read: This system is not compatible to the inserted DVD.
What's your previous version?
Appreciate 0