E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Lease error in my favour - advice?

04-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #1
Rally guy
Happiest Sideways
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi, had 2006 330xi SGM

Lease error in my favour - advice?

I got a call from the dealership a couple of days ago - turns out that they messed up the paperwork and my allowable miles are about 20% higher than my lease payment is calulated for. (Lease say 15k/year and the rate and residual are factored on 12k/yr)

They want me to agree that it's supposed to be the other way. I'm inclined to say - thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll try to keep 'em low - but it's your error and I'm just gonna leave it the way it is.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

RG
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally guy
I got a call from the dealership a couple of days ago - turns out that they messed up the paperwork and my allowable miles are about 20% higher than my lease payment is calulated for. (Lease say 15k/year and the rate and residual are factored on 12k/yr)

They want me to agree that it's supposed to be the other way. I'm inclined to say - thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll try to keep 'em low - but it's your error and I'm just gonna leave it the way it is.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

RG
If it were me, I guess it depends. If the dealer was nice to you and took care of you while ordering and waiting for your car, then just give them the benefit of the doubt and agree to 12K. Otherwise, if they had additude with you or something, just pretend it's 15K.
Appreciate 0