M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Getting insurance for m8 comp in Ontario Canada

06-18-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
dougluo
Rep
Drives: f10

Getting insurance for m8 comp in Ontario Canada

Hello, I've been calling around different insurance companies including my current one to get insurance for an m8 comp, but so far all refused! They all cited the high horsepower and/or the high value, my driving records are not the issue. I'm leasing thru BMW financial services. For you guys in Ontario Canada who has experience, what insurance company are you using for your m8/m5? This is getting very frustrating, so thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougluo View Post
Hello, I've been calling around different insurance companies including my current one to get insurance for an m8 comp, but so far all refused! They all cited the high horsepower and/or the high value, my driving records are not the issue. I'm leasing thru BMW financial services. For you guys in Ontario Canada who has experience, what insurance company are you using for your m8/m5? This is getting very frustrating, so thank you in advance.
While not exactly what you are looking for. I've moved to Ontario from Alberta this month and once Ford opens the Drive Centers I'll get my licence converted and will then be able to insure and register my M850i coupe. I'll let you know who I end up with and pass it along. Seems odd they won't insure, I see plenty of Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren's around and they are insured. I am with Co-operators at the moment.
      06-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
2020MateCab
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i, BMW M8 Com Cab

Have you tried Chubb? I have been told they are one of the few to cover high value cars, but they want 100% of your business (including home etc.)

My company would not comment till I had a VIN. Now I have a VIN, they do not want to review without a delivery date. So I picked a date out of the air (car is waiting to ship to Halifax), it was more 45 days out. So now I have to wait till the 45 day mark. All I wanted was will they or won't they cover it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
2020MateCab
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i, BMW M8 Com Cab

Got coverage from TD Meloche Monnex
Anthracite silver top
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #5
AWESOM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17M4;15G63AMG;14E63SAMG

Quote:
Chubb Insurance may be able to help. I can check with my broker if that would help.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #6
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
I'm sure it crossed your mind but I'll mention it anyways, have you checked Costco's insurance brokers?
Appreciate 0