F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Ac not blowing cold air
Studio RSR

06-23-2020, 07:46 PM   #1
ChanceG8X
Bmw Inside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i, G80

Ac not blowing cold air

Well not sure what happened bimmercode shows that there are errors when trying to access the module for coding its not a huge worry but would like to have it working for some days when I don't want the windows down. Its a 2015 435i no codes or anything the car just wont get cold at all not sure if its out of freon or theres a leak anyone have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

how many miles on the original waterpump and thermostat?
      07-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
ChanceG8X
Bmw Inside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i, G80

47 thousand so far
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

a friend had an issue where his A/C would periodically stop working, a 2017 m240i, and a TSB is out regarding a sensor that freezes and needs to be relocated.. as for not blowing cold at all, their are a lot of small o-rings and connections within the a/c lines that could potentially be problematic, but I wouldn't expect that at 47k miles. when I first got my car mine stopped blowing cold for about a week, I went and picked up an A/C recharge unit at autozone, but when getting prepped to actually do it and running my a/c on max cold and max fan speed, the damn thing started blowing cold air, so idk what the actual problem was or if it was just user error.
      07-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #5
Desertnate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Garage List
2016 BMW 435i  [0.00]
If the air never gets cold, even on normal around-town driving, I'd say the first culprit would be freon levels.

Last week I had the TSB performed, but that was because the car would run fine in the beginning, but after several non-stop driving hours in hot, humid weather, the evaporator would freeze up and you'd get no air at all though the vents but the fan would still be running.

One thing I have noticed is the A/C does seem to blow colder after the TSB was applied even though the dealership didn't touch anything else.
      07-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
If the air never gets cold, even on normal around-town driving, I'd say the first culprit would be freon levels.

Last week I had the TSB performed, but that was because the car would run fine in the beginning, but after several non-stop driving hours in hot, humid weather, the evaporator would freeze up and you'd get no air at all though the vents but the fan would still be running.

One thing I have noticed is the A/C does seem to blow colder after the TSB was applied even though the dealership didn't touch anything else.
maybe I should see about having the TSB performed too.. my A/C blows cold, but I swore my neighbors old e90 was colder.. how much was it to have performed, or were you under warranty?
      07-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #7
Desertnate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Garage List
2016 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerJoe View Post
maybe I should see about having the TSB performed too.. my A/C blows cold, but I swore my neighbors old e90 was colder.. how much was it to have performed, or were you under warranty?
I am under CPO warranty so there was no charge.

You might be able to get them to do the TSB, but the condition it really solves is the evaporator freezing up after being in non-stop use for several hours at a time in hot/humid conditions. If you haven't experienced that, the dealership may not even consider the TSB.

From what you've mentioned they may be better off looking for a leak or a low freon levels.