THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Daddy and daddy's girl :) ///M5 F90 and ///M235 Cab

06-24-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

I have been wanting to take these pictures for a while now! Been itching for a cabriolet but none exist with 4 seats that could dethrone the F90, so ended up adding this ///M235 convertible to the stable, and hoping that will keep that itch at bay!

Took me a month to allocate a used ///M235 Red on Red! As rumor has it this was the real itch? LOL

Daddy's girl is getting an AA tune, Down Pipe (Catted), Muffler delete, charge pipe, intercooler etc and we already live it to pieces before the aforementioned! If there was an M2 convertible I would have bought it, but none and M4 convertible is still a big car and I miss that go cart feeling of yore!

I never thought that a much smaller, weaker, less aggressive looking car from BMW would garner such enthusiasm and passion for me! But it did!

Cheers
Enjoy the pix
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mb67152.00
      06-24-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
I have been wanting to take these pictures for a while now! Been itching for a cabriolet but none exist with 4 seats that could dethrone the F90, so ended up adding this ///M235 convertible to the stable, and hoping that will keep that itch at bay!

Took me a month to allocate a used ///M235 Red on Red! As rumor has it this was the real itch? LOL

Daddy's girl is getting an AA tune, Down Pipe (Catted), Muffler delete, charge pipe, intercooler etc and we already live it to pieces before the aforementioned! If there was an M2 convertible I would have bought it, but none and M4 convertible is still a big car and I miss that go cart feeling of yore!

I never thought that a much smaller, weaker, less aggressive looking car from BMW would garner such enthusiasm and passion for me! But it did!

Cheers
Enjoy the pix
Damn. Judging from the title, there is a whole new level of Daddy Issues kink going on here OP haha

Sweet rides, though! the red-on-red is a killer! I LOVE it!

P.s. who is the daddy? You or one of the cars?

P.p.s. Is that a... headlight washer??? OP is that an option on the 2-series?? Damn you lucked out!
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-24-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Quote:

Cheers
Enjoy the pix
Damn. This is a whole new level of Daddy Issues kink going on here OP haha

Sweet rides, though! the red-on-red is a killer! I LOVE it!

P.s. who is the daddy? You or one of the cars?
LOL common ///Man
The F90 is the daddy Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
c-m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

If you love the F23 stock, just wait until you upgrade everything. Mine is a beast now and highly underrated. 💪
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #5
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-m View Post
If you love the F23 stock, just wait until you upgrade everything. Mine is a beast now and highly underrated. 💪
I am curious, what have you done with your F23?

Edit: found your mod list. How much does it put down?
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #6
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

380 to the wheels and 400 torque, coupled with AWD and good exhaust note, I think it'll "feel" fast, because honestly I'm spoilt by the M5 F90 and that's beyond repair, even V10 R8 doesn't impress
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 02:47 AM   #7
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

380 to the wheels and 400 torque, coupled with AWD and good exhaust note, I think it'll "feel" fast, because honestly I'm spoilt by the M5 F90 and that's beyond repair, even V10 R8 doesn't impress
Okay so, I have to agree with you, and please don't think I am insane okay? But I prefer my M240i to the R8 V10 as well!! I thought I was insane or biased! I drove one extensively and... I couldn't justify the tag. It just didn't feel special enough!

I have the M240i convertible in AW and Coral Red interior with XDrive. I have kept it stock so far; I am assuming that since your M235 is putting 380 to the wheels it came modified by the previous owner?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:38 AM   #8
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay so, I have to agree with you, and please don't think I am insane okay? But I prefer my M240i to the R8 V10 as well!! I thought I was insane or biased! I drove one extensively and... I couldn't justify the tag. It just didn't feel special enough!

I have the M240i convertible in AW and Coral Red interior with XDrive. I have kept it stock so far; I am assuming that since your M235 is putting 380 to the wheels it came modified by the previous owner?
It will be after mods
Now it's 320 at the cranks from Factory
M240 can be a monster as B58 Engine ya vilify engine is crazy
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #9
morphomeman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235ix

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235ix  [0.00]
headlight washers are part of the cold-weather package on many models. I have no idea what the current configuration is, though, on the 2-series.
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #10
PDM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i 6 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
headlight washers are part of the cold-weather package on many models. I have no idea what the current configuration is, though, on the 2-series.
Yep for 2017 and older 2 series cars, the cold weather package included headlight washers.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #11
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It will be after mods
Oh after mods! Man, you have no idea how much of a monster you are dealing with. Get a nice DP (please avoid catless since you are a convertible), a custom tune by Paul or Cary, and the new Supra B58TU fuel pump... I will be surprised if you aren't a healthy 450 at the wheel with 93 gas, even as a conservative guess.

Then upgrade the turbos, and I can just imagine you hitting the heady highs of 550-600 on pimp gas alone.
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #12
khoa@x-ph.com
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

awesome!
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #13
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa@x-ph.com View Post
awesome!
I love how x-ph loves to shill on every thread with meaningless "awesome!" "Cool!" or other such remarks which hardly ever add to the conversation.

I mean, I know you are new and I have seen Mike around, but the best advice I can give you is that you must try to add to the conversation in a meaningful way. Otherwise it just seems cheap, meaningless, and... weird.
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-25-2020, 11:24 PM   #14
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It will be after mods
Oh after mods! Man, you have no idea how much of a monster you are dealing with. Get a nice DP (please avoid catless since you are a convertible), a custom tune by Paul or Cary, and the new Supra B58TU fuel pump... I will be surprised if you aren't a healthy 450 at the wheel with 93 gas, even as a conservative guess.

Then upgrade the turbos, and I can just imagine you hitting the heady highs of 550-600 on pimp gas alone.
Going Catted for sure, because of the smell! I know It stinks even Catted!! Also adding an intercooler and charge pipe, with VRSF muffler delete too,,, and Active Autowerk flash and I am very excited that you're telling me it will feel better, because now it kinda feels lethargic, yet perversely I sometimes that the car takes a while to get from low RPM to RED, as in M5 F90 it take another time to get to red! To the point that you don't even notice enough to enjoy the spoiling or whatnot! Is there such a thing too fast to savor it!! Is that even a thing ?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 11:26 PM   #15
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It will be after mods

Going Catted for sure, because did the smell! It stinks! Also intercooler and charge pipe, with VRSF muffler delete too,,, and Active Autowerk flash and I am very excited that you're telling me it will feel better, because now it kinda feels lethargic, yet perversely I sometimes that the car takes a while to get from low RPM to RED, as in M5 F90 it take another time to get to red! To the point that you don't even notice enough to enjoy the spoiling or whatnot! Is there such a thing too fast to savor it!! Is that even a thing ?
Okay wait waittttt... why Active Autowerks? Why not go all out and buy a custom tune from Cary or Paul on MHD/BM3? Or even Mission Performance?

Why even bother with Active Autowerks?
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-25-2020, 11:31 PM   #16
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa@x-ph.com View Post
awesome!
I love how x-ph loves to shill on every thread with meaningless "awesome!" "Cool!" or other such remarks which hardly ever add to the conversation.

I mean, I know you are new and I have seen Mike around, but the best advice I can give you is that you must try to add to the conversation in a meaningful way. Otherwise it just seems cheap, meaningless, and... weird.
It's like
Ahem ahem I am here !!
Doesn't detract from the convo though!
Some people just want to be part of any thread
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 11:40 PM   #17
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It will be after mods

Going Catted for sure, because did the smell! It stinks! Also intercooler and charge pipe, with VRSF muffler delete too,,, and Active Autowerk flash and I am very excited that you're telling me it will feel better, because now it kinda feels lethargic, yet perversely I sometimes that the car takes a while to get from low RPM to RED, as in M5 F90 it take another time to get to red! To the point that you don't even notice enough to enjoy the spoiling or whatnot! Is there such a thing too fast to savor it!! Is that even a thing ?
Okay wait waittttt... why Active Autowerks? Why not go all out and buy a custom tune from Cary or Paul on MHD/BM3? Or even Mission Performance?

My tuner said it's best for this car
Please elaborate, what am I missing?
It's important for me to pass inspection though! And that may have swayed him one way or the other

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 12:21 AM   #18
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It will be after mods

My tuner said it's best for this car
Please elaborate, what am I missing?
It's important for me to pass inspection though! And that may have swayed him one way or the other

Thanks
So here is the problem, I think your tuner is selling you what he knows best. Or perhaps what he franchises with or partners with or what not. Active Autowerks is a great brand but I don't ever consider them a premium brand. They make everything from DPs to exhausts and what not.

There are a few pathways to go get your car tuned. There are many out of the box tunes, and AA is one of them. There are few other names as well, but I really, really don't care for those yahoos. Keep in mind that these tunes are NOT custom. They are out-of-the-box (OOtB).

There have been a rise of two tuning platforms, MHD and BootMod3 (BM3). These two platforms also offer OOTB tunes as well which, frankly, will always be miles better than any other yahoo OOTB tune anyway. Why? Because BM3 and MHD are both very very popular, and they have an intense focus on providing awesome customer service; in fact you pay a premium to buy into the platform ($500-600) by obtaining a license and then buy these OOTB tunes on the platform itself. You are one call away from someone to help you out if something goes wrong. You have a fantastic mobile app as well as web portal at your disposal; super awesome user experience etc etc. you can compile all sorts of logs and nerd out over the numbers.

Now, up until this point, we are still talking about OOTB tunes. Now let's talk about custom tunes, which you should be gunning for. They are a bit more expensive, but way more reliable and way more effective as they are tailored to get the most out of your engine while being safer relatively. There are a few known names in the custom tuning world but all the top custom tuners are on both MHD and BM3 platforms. I know Cary Jordan and Paul Johnson both require that you have a BM3 or MHD license.

This is Paul Johnson: https://www.bm3tuning.com/m3m4m2-comp/pauljohnsontunes

And this is Cary Jordan:
https://www.jordan-tuned.com/team

This is a whole new ball game than just "tuning your car".

There are also transmission tunes! The only trusted platform here is xHP. They are great! You will definitely need a transmission tune to keep up with your tuned beast of an engine!

So. To recap, and to consolidate, you must do this:

- fire your current tuner and don't listen to him. He has no idea if he is pitching "active Autowerks" as "the best for this car".

- contact Cary Jordan or Paul Johnson, get an understanding of their process, and get ready to tune your car PROPER. OOtB tunes are ghetto; they are for people who want to cheap out. Screw that. Get custom. Get transmission tune as well. Total cost will be under $2k but it will be SO DAMN WORTH IT!

Does it make sense? Also my friend AleksanderSuave just recently went through this; check his thread here as well (let me look for the link and update this post)

Oh and I must also add, another respected name in the tuning business is Mission Performance. They don't require BM3 or MHD since they are old school, but they are pretty awesome. I'd still go with Cary or Paul up there

EDIT: catted downpipes may or may not pass inspection. Which state do you live in? Secondly, even if you are just going simple tune without a downpipe, Paul and Cary above are still your best bet!

EDIT 2: I must also add this; there is very expensive type of catted downpipe (which I personally prefer) which is guaranteed to never throw a CEL. Only two or three companies make it. They use the HJS Euro 6 300 cell chamber. Honestly for a convertible that's the only type of downpipe I would recommend. It passes Euro compliance and guaranteed to always pass inspection here as well. Here is a link for Fabspeeds variant of this downpipe: https://www.fabspeed.com/bmw-m235i-f...tted-downpipe/

Akrapovic also makes one like that as well. Fab speed and Akrapovic are both fantastic premium brands. These downpipes are both $1500-$1800 in price; very expensive and quite a far cry from the ghetto $300-$500 downpipes people buy. Always will pass inspection no matter where you live Pay to play!
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00
      06-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #19
khoa@x-ph.com
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:

Words I don't mean to be weird. I just think OP has awesome cars. Making me miss my stage 2 F22.
Appreciate 1
soooma1379.00