E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Radio Install Mishap

06-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
digis
Rep
Drives: 07 335

E90 Radio Install Mishap

Hello all, I was attempting to install an android head unit into my e90 when I got a little reckless. My car has logic 7 and the adapter I purchased did not have connector on the end and needed to be spliced into the harness. Cool no big deal, I depinned the the small connector from the android radio and just wrapped the wires around the connection for testing purposes and thought nothing of it. Amidst moving around in the car with the unit on my lap, the open wires crossed and caused a spark. Crap. Now while the car didn't burn down, I can't get the original radio to power up all the way. When it's hooked up the lights around the knobs will light up, but the display will show nothing and I have no audio. I'm not too knowledgeable on car stereos and am kind of worried i've goofed something serious. I did not smell any burning and upon taking apart the logic 7 adapter did not see any issues. Where do I go from here? Fuses? Part out? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: After about 20 minutes of googling frantically I located the fuse box and found I blew one. I'm going to run to auto zone and pick up the cosponsoring fuse but I'm assuming it will be fine after.

Last edited by digis; 06-27-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Bash*
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 330D

Hey Digis,

I'm sure you've resolved this now but most likely the fuse has blown as you mentioned. I've had this happen to me before. Always good to keep a few spare
Appreciate 1
digis3.00