F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Does the law apply to travellers
ARMA SPEED

06-29-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Does the law apply to travellers

Are they exempt? Do they get the same treatment and equal arm of the law as we all should be under? I would hope someone would be held accountable for this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...orset-53210397
Appreciate 1
JR16641146.50
      06-29-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Are they exempt? Do they get the same treatment and equal arm of the law as we all should be under? I would hope someone would be held accountable for this?

Thats our local park. I walked around there a few weeks ago. The council have done loads of work planting and improving the place only for these scum to rock up and wreck it.

Incidentally our council leader was down the beach fronting up day trippers asking them where they're from and what they're doing here in Dorset. She also stuck a fluorescent jacket on and went around picking litter off the beach in front of the worlds press.

She's been asked why she didn't rock up at Poole Park with a camera crew to ask where the travellers are from, why they're here and also why she hasn't gone litter picking to collect their shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post

Thats our local park. I walked around there a few weeks ago. The council have done loads of work planting and improving the place only for these scum to rock up and wreck it.

Incidentally our council leader was down the beach fronting up day trippers asking them where they're from and what they're doing here in Dorset. She also stuck a fluorescent jacket on and went around picking litter off the beach in front of the worlds press.

She's been asked why she didn't rock up at Poole Park with a camera crew to ask where the travellers are from, why they're here and also why she hasn't gone litter picking to collect their shit.
Terrible really it's quite a common scene when the travellers leave a site. Not too mention all sorts of related crimes.

I wonder if it's just a few bad eggs in the community just like non travelling folk.

Not sure if the authorities are scared of addressing the issues but they seem nothing like the Romani people.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #4
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Travellers occupied a park in St Albans a couple of weeks ago - they turn up here regularly.

They always trash the place; rubbish everywhere; playgrounds damaged; shitting all over the footpaths in adjacent woodland (literally faeces and toilet paper on the footpaths).

The police and local council were on it quickly and they were 'moved on' by a significant police presence a few days later. The council did a brilliant clean-up blitz.

They have no respect for anyone else, and if they want to live like dogs they shouldn't be surprised if people treat them like wild animals.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0