F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Fuel smell and fuel residue on driver's side fuel tank
GetBMWParts

07-04-2020, 01:23 AM   #1
harshil102
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Fuel smell and fuel residue on driver's side fuel tank

I've been getting a fuel fumes smell in my garage whenever I park it with a full tank (within a couple gallons of full). The smell is gone once the fuel level hits the first line bellow full on the fuel guage.

I thought it would be a leak with the fuel evap systems but I decided to take a look under the car today with a full tank to see what solving the issue might look like and I found that the smell is coming from the driver's side half of the fuel tank and there is what appears to be light gas residue coming down from the top of the tank.

Just cause it's easy, I looked at the LPFP under the rear seat on the passenger side and that looked completely dry.

Does anyone have any resources for pulling down the tank? Or preferably any alternative sources for the smell/residue that I could diagnose without what seems would be a PIA process of removing the tank?

Would be a lot easier to inspect if there was an access hole on the driver's side of the rear seat instead of just the passenger side.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0