E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Crankcase breather valve located on valve cover

07-07-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
skrtsebasxx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

Crankcase breather valve located on valve cover

not sure if anyone of you guys is having this issue, recently i would have this strange almost like whistling sound or humming sound come from the front of my car, i thought it was coming from my muffler but turned out it was coming from the front... so what was happening was when i would be driving and would suddenly stop at a stop light or anywhere in general and would be at a idle that's when i would get a weird humming sound or chirping sound from my car and it would go away after about 5 seconds, i then decided to change my serpentine belt that didn't work and decided maybe it can be my breather valve which was located on my valve cover, i had been planning to change my gasket cause i was leaking oil instead i just changed the valve cover as well.. after installation and driving for a bit i noticed the sound wasn't there no more so my problem came down to it being the crankcase breather valve. i know i explains alot but this little piece was what was causing my annoying issue.
Attached Images