BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Show Seat Position

07-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

Show Seat Position

My car has the Comfort Seats with the 20 way adjustment and memory function.

Pretty much everytime I unlock and get into the car either drivers seat of passenagers seat the message displays on the iDrive showing me trying to adjust the seat position.

I'm not sure if I'm just resting against or brushing past one of the adjustors or something is just wrong. But it happens probably 2/3rd of the time.

Anybody else noticed this? Or is it better to just switch off the display when you adjust your seat (I think you can do this via the pop-up menu)
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #2
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

I don't get that unless I'm touching the seat controls. Pretty sure they use a capacitive sensing on those switches so it wouldn't take much to trigger it. If it's just happening as you get in, it's probably just something brushing against it. If it's happening at random and definitely whilst nowhere near the switches, it's probably worth getting checked by the dealer.

I've got mine switched off for the driver side, but find it useful for passengers as it's difficult to explain 20 way adjustable seat controls to those that have never been in a BMW
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
I don't get that unless I'm touching the seat controls. Pretty sure they use a capacitive sensing on those switches so it wouldn't take much to trigger it. If it's just happening as you get in, it's probably just something brushing against it. If it's happening at random and definitely whilst nowhere near the switches, it's probably worth getting checked by the dealer.

I've got mine switched off for the driver side, but find it useful for passengers as it's difficult to explain 20 way adjustable seat controls to those that have never been in a BMW
I did the same, drivers side is switched off, but the passenger side remains on to impress guests!
And yes, it only showed up if I touched any of the buttons.
Appreciate 0