F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Norwich
ARMA SPEED

07-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Norwich

Feel sorry for them I thought they played some decent football in the first half of the season but it just seemed to fall off when Pukki lost his form.

Back to Letsby Avenue I suppose!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

I think most of their fans realised they wouldn't survive without spending money and joining the PL merry go round of massive debt.

Still Delia will be delighted she's banked some of the premier league millions and will be financially secure for the next few years.

For a club of that size, like West Brom both very well run, within their means and your typical yo yo clubs.

I fear for Bournemouth. They're carrying a £130 million debt, with yearly wages of over £100 million and a small rented ground. If Howe leaves it could be goodnight Tokyo.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

At least we should win some games next season!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #4
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

I'm surprised and a bit disappointed to see Norwich go straight back down. Having been promoted as champions from the Championship I expected them to do better but they seem to have been heading for the trap-door for most of the season and today just confirmed what's seemed almost inevitable since the turn of the year.

It's true they've spent very little money on players but equally neither have Sheffield United and look at how they're doing. In point of fact, a lot of the Blades players were part of the squad that was promoted from League 1 only three years ago - an excellent effort by them and Chris Wilder IMO.
Appreciate 1
allachie91334.00
      07-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I'm surprised and a bit disappointed to see Norwich go straight back down. Having been promoted as champions from the Championship I expected them to do better but they seem to have been heading for the trap-door for most of the season and today just confirmed what's seemed almost inevitable since the turn of the year.

It's true they've spent very little money on players but equally neither have Sheffield United and look at how they're doing. In point of fact, a lot of the Blades players were part of the squad that was promoted from League 1 only three years ago - an excellent effort by them and Chris Wilder IMO.
The Blades spent £62 millionon this season, harsh but true

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/shef...saison_id/2019

Delia spent £8 million

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norw...rs/verein/1123

Massive respect to Sheffield United, I think Chris Wilder has done a brilliant job.

Eddie Howe did similar but his tactics got sussed, those players who got him promoted needed replacing over the last five years and it hasn't worked out but a bloody good innings considering.

Norwich didn't stand a chance.

Last edited by JR1664; 07-11-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #6
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post

Delia spent £8 million

Massive respect to Sheffield United, I think Chris Wilder has done a brilliant job.

Eddie Howe did similar but his tactics got sussed, those players who got him promoted needed replacing over the last five years and it hasn't worked out but a bloody good innings considering.

Fair play, more than I thought for the Blades!

However, I suppose what I was thinking was when I've seen them on TV their starting line-up has, with the exception of McBurnie, tended to be almost all players who got them out of the Championship last year. Although they cost a reasonable amount of money the likes of Mousset and Berge haven't started that many games and, in the case of the former, when he has he's often been substituted.

So yes, they've spent more than Norwich but despite having done so the vast majority of the personnel they've relied on were Championship players last season and, in a number of cases, League 1 players three years ago. Without the goals from McBurnie and Mousset I daresay they wouldn't be as high in the table but I still think they'd be doing better than Norwich; they (Norwich) have a number of players who I thought would take very well to the Premier League - and would fare better in that environment than Sheffield United's squad - but it hasn't worked out that way.

And of course the promoted team who spent by far the most was Aston Villa and unless they buck their ideas up they'll be joining Norwich and heading straight back to the Championship. In actual fact, we could have a situation where one promoted team spends more on transfers than anyone else, one spends less than anyone else, but at the end of the season they both have the same outcome (i.e. relegation); just goes to prove that flashing the cash doesn't guarantee success!
Appreciate 1
JR16641146.50
      07-12-2020, 04:36 AM   #7
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post

Delia spent £8 million

Yes unfortunately we spent a lot one of the times we got promoted to the Premier league and got relegated, which lost us a lot of money, so the board are still very reluctant to spend much.

And 2018-19 season was our first in 8 years without any parachute payments from the premiership, so we made a loss of £38m!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 12:16 AM   #8
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Looks like West Ham may be Villa's executioners at the London Stadium on the last day of the season. The Hammers can't afford to let up, especially as they have to go to Old Trafford next week.
Appreciate 0