E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth retrofit w/o pre-wiring

07-20-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
neilvan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
Bluetooth retrofit w/o pre-wiring

My brother has a 09 328 sedan; After buying we realized that BMW removed all the pre-wiring for LCI's as a way to cost cut; so this has made it difficult for us as bluetooth calling is very handy for him.

He is looking for factory bluetooth(no aftermarket) and his car does have factory 6FL so it has the USB and MULF in the trunk as well as Satillate radio

I have the bluetooth antenna+coax cable that I can mount and run the cable to the MULF. Mic, I also have but I have to figure out the wiring; Does anyone know where the MIC runs to? Is it just the overhead module right back to the MULF/TCU? or does it split off anywhere/what route does it take?

Beyond those 2, is there any other wiring I would need to make this work? I have access to car part-outs so I can grab the wiring if its reasonable feasible
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85149

You will need to search the above thread and do searches for a 6fl
retrofit to track down the wirings physical locations.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
neilvan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
That second one is a great link/ thanks! Looking thru i, Some 128 guys managed to get it to work. Run the antenna to the MULF, Strip the mic wiring and run that to the MULF, Then code it all in(Hopefully K+Dcan can do the Mulf for BT)

The Mic wiring seems to cross over to the passenger side, go into a connection behind the glove box and then up the A pillar to the overhead module. Time to have some fun and pull that wiring from the donor.
Appreciate 0