E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i multiple codes car sounds awful

07-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
Fragz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I E93

So I had a couple codes last week saying cylinder injection cutout. Then cylinder misfires in 1, 5, and 6 aswell as this lambda control 2 just popped up recently, then there is the "electric coolant pump power reduced operation" which I don't think has anything to do with the issues I'm having but thought I'd add it. I did a pull a few nights ago and in the middle of 3rd my car just went into limp mode pretty much. It had a strange noise while driving after it happened and a clicking noise when I came to a stop to check out what happened but I couldn't see any visible damage everything looked fine so I started it back up and it ran like nothing even happened I could do a full 1-3rd gear pull and didn't have an issue at all car felt fine then the next day the same exact thing happened. The only thing I can think of is an issue with my fueling system so I tested the pressure of my high and low pressure fuel pumps and the low pressure sits at 70-75 psi at idle as the high pressure is at 750 psi which is normal I believe and when the throttle is wide open the high pressure is anywhere from 140000 to 190000 hPa which I believe is around what it should be. I didn't convert those numbers yet so that's my bad. Any help at all would be great!
      07-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Does it take longer to crank than usual? Your pressure numbers do seem ok but it could be a problem that comes and goes. (Not while you were testing the psi). I have heard other owners having this loud injector ticking when the hpfp is spiking to 2000 psi when it shouldn’t be ( at idle or normal throttle).
What index injectors do you have? It will say on them. Unfortunately your year did have a lot of injector issues. Could still be a bad fuel pump or even a lpfp sensor.