Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Speed camera and red light camera alert

07-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
skylinebmwm5
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

Speed camera and red light camera alert

Hi all,

Is there a way to turn on speed camera and red light camera for the Nav?

Got it in my previous Mazda and missing it a lot espeically when driving to unfamiliar places.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Unfortunately I don’t believe so. There is a paid option for camera alerts via the Connected Drive app but I believe it is only relevant to the US and Europe. I had a Mazda also but had this feature turned off as given it was static information (ie. only updated once when the dealer updates your maps) it seemed to miss the odd camera here and there. Instead I use an app called Waze which has more real time information including “police reported ahead” alerts that other Waze users notify you of. I found it is far more accurate than static camera alerts on standard gps maps. This is available on both Apple and Android phones but given Android Auto is not available in our cars only works with Apple CarPlay. Every time I drive I have this running on the main infotainment screen. If you have an iPhone I thoroughly recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
skylinebmwm5
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

Dam, thank you.
Unfortunately I have an android, hopefully the android auto come out soon. I tried using Waze but can't hear the alert properly using the phone speakers most of the time with music on.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 05:26 PM   #4
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinebmwm5 View Post
Dam, thank you.
Unfortunately I have an android, hopefully the android auto come out soon. I tried using Waze but can't hear the alert properly using the phone speakers most of the time with music on.
Damn, you could always move to the IOS dark side
Appreciate 1