F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Has anybody sold a car on Wizzle?
GetBMWParts

08-18-2020, 04:55 AM   #1
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Has anybody sold a car on Wizzle?

Potentially with finance outstanding?

Just keen to get a feel for how it works in practice.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:00 AM   #2
thescouselander
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Yes, I sold my last car on Wizzle and it was very good. Just took some photos on the app and put in a description and waited for the offers to come in. Once the deal was agreed a driver came to my house to collect the car and the funds were transferred to me on the day before they drove off.

Altogether a very easy experience and I got a good price for my car too. I'd recommend it.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      08-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #3
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

I tried selling my Porsche through them.

Had a lot of offers but all at least £15k below where they needed to be.

Have to say their customer service is good and they communicate well.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      08-18-2020, 07:06 AM   #4
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
I tried selling my Porsche through them.

Had a lot of offers but all at least £15k below where they needed to be.

Have to say their customer service is good and they communicate well.
selling already? found a turbo S then?
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      08-18-2020, 07:54 AM   #5
Scaleybrat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M Sport (now gone)

Can’t make any comment about the outstanding finance but I sold my 340i two weeks ago with no issues. They do regularly follow up for updates on the sale progress, presumably to make sure they will get their commission from the buyer.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      08-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #6
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Not found the right one yet but it will either be that or a 720s or a Huracan Performate.
Had a few issues with the C4S. Its in the dealers for the second time now and still not fixed.

You have scratched the M5 itch. You should now scratch the Porsche itch.
Appreciate 1
M2Andy225.00
      08-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #7
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

Quote:
Not found the right one yet but it will either be that or a 720s or a Huracan Performate.
Had a few issues with the C4S. Its in the dealers for the second time now and still not fixed.

I dont know what your budget is like Andy but i was up at Reading Porsche yesterday having a nose around and they had a gorgeous GT2 RS for sale for £330k if my memory serves me correctly.

Too rich for me at the moment but I reckon it will be pretty depreciation proof.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 01:17 PM   #8
speedski
Major
Rep
Drives: Former F40/F36/E81/E85 Owner

Tried it. The Wizzle part was okay - but carefully check the dealer demands/expectations BEFORE agreeing a deal.

I didn't and ended up getting fed up at a higher price being slashed down with 'dealer rates' to fix anything not declared (and if it was due a service in 5 months or 5,000 miles in the case of the BMW dealer that was offering on mine they would deduct it from the offer - at FULL dealer prices).
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      08-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #9
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Nope, I am looking at scratching the property itch when this mini boom passes, need to sort out retirement planning... Cars can come later again....

Although I am realising if you cant really drive fast most of the time, luxurious comfort is more important to me!
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13537.00
      08-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #10
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:

Andy, same fault twice? Less than six months old? Rejection and get the depreciation back towards your next car?

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:01 AM   #11
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Andy, same fault twice? Less than six months old? Rejection and get the depreciation back towards your next car?
That will be the next step.
To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

I have kept quiet so far because this is still ongoing.
Once this is done I will do a write up about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #12
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That will be the next step.
To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

I have kept quiet so far because this is still ongoing.
Once this is done I will do a write up about it.
It might be worth opening the rejection conversation. Even if just to find out how it works. My dealer embraced it pretty enthusiastically, presumably because it opened up a second sale to me where previously there wasn't one. And a third sale of my rejected car as AUC. A proverbial "everyone is a winner".

Might be different in Porsche world, of course.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #13
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
It might be worth opening the rejection conversation. Even if just to find out how it works. My dealer embraced it pretty enthusiastically, presumably because it opened up a second sale to me where previously there wasn't one. And a third sale of my rejected car as AUC. A proverbial "everyone is a winner".

And that is why I will never buy a nearly new Land Rover........ Brand new, or nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #14
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:

And that is why I will never buy a nearly new Land Rover........ Brand new, or nothing.
My old one is fine. I toyed seriously with buying it back rather than buy a new one.

It had a single radar/camera array fail. They just screwed up diagnosis and the part was on back order.

My neighbour also rejected one of his FFRRs and then bought it back AUC. That had had a new gearbox.

Also saw a guy on PH or RRS forum reject a RRS for wonky leather.

A nearly new AUC might well be a gamble, but it could just be a single fault car that has been fettled.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #15
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

I must have been so lucky with mine.

If I had heard all these LR horror stories I would have run a mile.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      08-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #16
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My old one is fine. I toyed seriously with buying it back rather than buy a new one.

It had a single radar/camera array fail. They just screwed up diagnosis and the part was on back order.

My neighbour also rejected one of his FFRRs and then bought it back AUC. That had had a new gearbox.

Also saw a guy on PH or RRS forum reject a RRS for wonky leather.

A nearly new AUC might well be a gamble, but it could just be a single fault car that has been fettled.
That’s ok, but how do you know what it was rejected for when buying a secondhand Land Rover? I don’t suppose they tell you. I imagine there are quite a number of rejected cars on the nearly new secondhand car lots, especially JLR products.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #17
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
That’s ok, but how do you know what it was rejected for when buying a secondhand Land Rover? I don’t suppose they tell you. I imagine there are quite a number of rejected cars on the nearly new secondhand car lots, especially JLR products.
I saw a couple of low mileage ones that said corporate repurchase so assume that meant rejected?

If one of your standard questions by email is "why did the previous owner trade a car with so low mileage" and they dont tell the truth then they fail under trading standards I reckon - so fairly safe purchase I reckon. Maybe better than a brand new car from a different UK factory where you have no idea if it will be a good one (for the record a fair few rejected new F56 Mini's early in the cars life for a variety of faults, some fairly serious, I know as we had one on order....which we cancelled as they couldnt supply due to some fairly serious issues leading to rejection!)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #18
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I saw a couple of low mileage ones that said corporate repurchase so assume that meant rejected?

If one of your standard questions by email is "why did the previous owner trade a car with so low mileage" and they dont tell the truth then they fail under trading standards I reckon - so fairly safe purchase I reckon. Maybe better than a brand new car from a different UK factory where you have no idea if it will be a good one (for the record a fair few rejected new F56 Mini's early in the cars life for a variety of faults, some fairly serious, I know as we had one on order....which we cancelled as they couldnt supply due to some fairly serious issues leading to rejection!)
Car dealers aren’t known for telling the truth. And in lots of cases it’s because they don’t know due to lack of information and incompetence.

Not sure how a car that has definitely had a fault that couldn’t be fixed is better than a new one that might not have a fault at all. They both could have one I accept. But the one that’s been rejected logically is a bigger risk in my mind.

And knowing the way a lot of car dealers operate, I’m pretty certain if they can’t fix the fault for first owner, they’ll stop trying after it’s been rejected it in a lot of cases, and just move the car on with their fingers crossed it doesn’t come back to them.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:48 AM   #19
speedski
Major
Rep
Drives: Former F40/F36/E81/E85 Owner

Quote:
Car dealers aren’t known for telling the truth. And in lots of cases it’s because they don’t know due to lack of information and incompetence.

Not sure how a car that has definitely had a fault that couldn’t be fixed is better than a new one that might not have a fault at all. They both could have one I accept. But the one that’s been rejected logically is a bigger risk in my mind.

And knowing the way a lot of car dealers operate, I’m pretty certain if they can’t fix the fault for first owner, they’ll stop trying after it’s been rejected it in a lot of cases, and just move the car on with their fingers crossed it doesn’t come back to them.
Ahh but the keys have a full history of the car. So the days of dealers claiming they don't know are gone when talking certain brands/tech/age/
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 04:45 AM   #20
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

I clearly have a slightly higher opinion given two of my family work in the trade - but put it in writing and job done.

On the point of the rejected versus new, I'd agree it should be a bigger risk but any car is an unknown - and if its cheap enough I will take the risk reward trade off. That's what business is all about - like the extra #1500 for selling your car outside a main dealer, an added risk...

You pays your money and takes your choice as the saying goes, its good we all have choices.

Now when is this British built Mini arriving....?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:44 AM   #21
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The fault does not have to be unfixable to allow rejection. My car was fixed, I am sure it's not the only one.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:52 AM   #22
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Quote:

I clearly have a slightly higher opinion given two of my family work in the trade - but put it in writing and job done.

On the point of the rejected versus new, I'd agree it should be a bigger risk but any car is an unknown - and if its cheap enough I will take the risk reward trade off. That's what business is all about - like the extra #1500 for selling your car outside a main dealer, an added risk...

You pays your money and takes your choice as the saying goes, its good we all have choices.

Now when is this British built Mini arriving....?
Also worth noting that IIRC from a chat with a VW guy a few years ago, any claims against the 12 month warranty supplied with AUC get added up by VW UK and count against the dealership in the future for poor prep, especially if it should have been picked up before being sold.

Not sure if it's the same for BMW, but makes sense.

Armaan
Appreciate 0