09-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #1
Saunders17283
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
E-Sys Coding G Series w/MGU Head Unit

First off...I know I'm posting in the wrong forum. Those of us over at the M8/8 Series BimmerPost site do not have a coding forum yet (at least I don't think so).

While I realize this question isn't a "one size fits all", I'm wondering if a percentage of coding tasks for the G05 w/iD7 MGU headunit would be identical or similar to those for the G16 w/iD7 MGU headunit?

Again, I understand some features would be vehicle specific...ie I wouldn't try to code something in my 8 series that had to do with towing just because they are both G series with iD7 MGU headunits...I'm not that much of a noob. But, for example, Auto Start Stop...I would imagine coding this via Esys for the G05 might not be that different than the G16? (I understand this example is easily coded via BimmerCode...it's just an example).

Sorry to get so long winded...just trying to avoid being flamed for stupididty..haha!

Previous Rides
2019 X7 / 2018 X5 / 2012 X5 / 2014 750xi / 2011 750Lxi / 2008 335xi
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saunders17283 View Post
First off...I know I'm posting in the wrong forum. Those of us over at the M8/8 Series BimmerPost site do not have a coding forum yet (at least I don't think so).

While I realize this question isn't a "one size fits all", I'm wondering if a percentage of coding tasks for the G05 w/iD7 MGU headunit would be identical or similar to those for the G16 w/iD7 MGU headunit?

Again, I understand some features would be vehicle specific...ie I wouldn't try to code something in my 8 series that had to do with towing just because they are both G series with iD7 MGU headunits...I'm not that much of a noob. But, for example, Auto Start Stop...I would imagine coding this via Esys for the G05 might not be that different than the G16? (I understand this example is easily coded via BimmerCode...it's just an example).

Sorry to get so long winded...just trying to avoid being flamed for stupididty..haha!
You should compare some of the cheat sheets that are on the site with the actual ECU's that your 8 series has and see if the various options you are looking to code are available in your ecu's. It can't be that different.

My two cents.
My
Appreciate 0