BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Reset Permanent Emissions Fault Codes after Catted DP install

09-07-2020, 07:11 PM   #1
asciimike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Reset Permanent Emissions Fault Codes after Catted DP install

Hey folks,

The previous owner of my car installed a catless downpipe and now I have to pass emissions! So I installed a catted downpipe and cleared the "regular" OBD fault code, but am still left with two "permanent" codes according to BimmerLink: FF1210 and 081190.

Trouble is: I can't find any useful information on these codes anywhere, nor do they seem to correspond to the PXXXX codes that most OBD-II readers seem to produce. Something tells me BimmerLink has some issue where it's not producing the right OBD-II code for the internal code, though I have no evidence for this.

I want to know:
- if I need to clear them, or if they're no longer "active" (I assume I do need to clear them)
- if I still need to clear them, how do I do so?

Googling for "clear OBD-II emissions codes" seems to give generic advice (e.g. idle the car for 40 seconds, drive > 25mph for 50 seconds, idle 40 seconds; repeat 10x) but this advice seems really generic, plus I feel like I've done this already with daily driving, so curious if anyone knew the actual BMW procedure for this type of work.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Use ista to clear any codes remaining, if it still persists reset adaptations with mhd or bm3, if that doesn't work pull the battery for a min then plug it back in. After doing these steps you might have to drive a bit for the car to relearn.