Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications *NEW INTAKE* Arma Speed Full Carbon Intake

09-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #1
SoFlo M340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

*NEW INTAKE* Arma Speed Full Carbon Intake

Over the past few weeks I have been seeing a lot of talk over intakes and I wasn't planning on getting one, but I came across the full carbon kit from Arma Speed and it looked SEXY. I kept doing some digging and there weren't many reviews about them so i thought i'd try it out and post a review for anyone thinking about getting an intake.

The Ordering Process
First one, i decided to try messaging the guys on IG and they are responsive! Very quick to answer any and all questions. After some back and forth, they sold me on it. They offered 2 versions, the intake only and the full kit. I opted to go with the full kit. Before i ordered, they told me they were out of stock, but would have some ready in 3-4 days since they are all made by hand (i thought that was pretty cool). Mine was supposed to ship on Tuesday 9/1 from Taiwan, but on 8/31, they told me it didn't pass inspection and would take 2 more days before it went out. I am not a man of patience, but i appreciated the heads up. On 9/1, i received a notification of shipment from Fedex saying it would deliver on Friday 9/4. Well on Wednesday 9/2, it was out for delivery and was at my door by 9:51am in south florida. I was shocked at the speed. I can't get amazon to deliver that quickly.

The Product
The intake itself is very well made. The carbon looks fantastic. It's not some cheap plastic that you feel is going to break. It's solid. You can tell time and effort went into the craftsmanship of this. I've had other intakes but nothing this nice. The packaging from them was superb. Everything came wrapped very well. It has to one of the nicest intakes on the market.

Unboxing video -

Installation
The install was pretty painless. There are some written instructions on how to get it done and if you've never done an intake before, you should be able to follow them easily and get this done in 1-2 hours. I spent 1.5 hours doing it just because i played around with a few different ways of getting it done to see if i could figure out the best way to remove for cleaning, but it's pretty straightforward. They did a nice job with the fitment. Everything is nice and tight, holes and everything are in the right place. Everything lines up.

Performance/Sound
In terms of performance, i believe it does add a little something from some dynos i've seen on other products, but it's too small to notice. There may be a tad bit more throttle response especially in cooler air. I'm in south florida, so it's hot air all day and night. And every pony you can get adds up in the end. But the real deal here is the sound!!!! It's amazing, from the suctioning of air to the at the filter, to the release at the diverter, it just has a sexy sound. This car was already a lot of drive and has a great sound with exhaust valves open, but this adds a little something extra that makes you want to keep pushing that throttle to get more of it.

Sound clip 1 –

Sound clip 2 –

Overall
My overall experience was great, from ordering, to shipping, to install to the performance and sound. And it really cleans up the engine bay nicely. I've never been big on carbon or some of these covers, but this has changed my mind. Every time you pop the hood people are gawking at it. It's definitely a real solid choice if you're looking for an intake.

'20 Portimao Blue M340i – Current
'17 Dark Graphite 530i – Retired
'14 Alpine White 328i – Retired
Appreciate 1
oreoOozZz126.00
      09-10-2020, 12:49 AM   #2
Dravit_M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i Dravit Grey

Solid review. I just installed mine and everything you said is spot on. This intake is awesome!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Wow that sounds super good
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great review and write up! Definitely a beautiful product and something that will undoubtedly go on my wish list. That said, I don't think I can justify spending that much anytime soon, so I may just go with an MST intake in the interim. But my end goal would be to go with the all carbon fiber full kit, like you.

Cheers!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
SoFlo M340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Great review and write up! Definitely a beautiful product and something that will undoubtedly go on my wish list. That said, I don't think I can justify spending that much anytime soon, so I may just go with an MST intake in the interim. But my end goal would be to go with the all carbon fiber full kit, like you.

Cheers!
MST is also a good choice, but you can get just the intake side without the extra carbon for only a little more than the MST. Might want to look into it. Reach out to them on IG (@arma_speed), they typically answer at night due to time difference, but very responsive.

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #7
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlo M340i View Post
MST is also a good choice, but you can get just the intake side without the extra carbon for only a little more than the MST. Might want to look into it. Reach out to them on IG (@arma_speed), they typically answer at night due to time difference, but very responsive.
Good point! But I think I'd want the entire kit like you have, and I don't see an option to buy the other pieces separately from the intake, itself. So looks like it's all or nothing. Who knows. A lot could change between now and when I'm ready to pull the trigger. But damn, that's a good looking intake, for sure!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #8
SoFlo M340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlo M340i View Post
Good point! But I think I'd want the entire kit like you have, and I don't see an option to buy the other pieces separately from the intake, itself. So looks like it's all or nothing. Who knows. A lot could change between now and when I'm ready to pull the trigger. But damn, that's a good looking intake, for sure!
Appreciate it! Hope to see one in your engine soon enough.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #9
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BGM X3MC

Great review man, product looks solid. Might have to give it a go.
Appreciate 1