E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335xi vibrations while driving

09-20-2020, 01:39 AM   #1
kalee
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

335xi vibrations while driving

Hey guys i drive e90 n54 335xi with 137k miles. The car vibrates when driving but I noticed vibration goes away after driving for 10-15miles. i checked/replaced all the bushing, the axels seems fine, changed tires and balanced it twice already and the tire shop said it was balanced second time i went to the shop but can't figure out what is causing the problem. I need my car to commute to work and I'm scared when driving it to work. Recently changed all the fluids such as transmission fluid (Red line D6 ATF) , front and rear differential (BMW), transfer case(BMW).
When changing the transfer case fluid the bottle said shake well for 30 sec but i didn't shake it and saw the writing after i changed it. could that cause a problem?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee View Post
Hey guys i drive e90 n54 335xi with 137k miles. The car vibrates when driving but I noticed vibration goes away after driving for 10-15miles. i checked/replaced all the bushing, the axels seems fine, changed tires and balanced it twice already and the tire shop said it was balanced second time i went to the shop but can't figure out what is causing the problem. I need my car to commute to work and I'm scared when driving it to work. Recently changed all the fluids such as transmission fluid (Red line D6 ATF) , front and rear differential (BMW), transfer case(BMW).
When changing the transfer case fluid the bottle said shake well for 30 sec but i didn't shake it and saw the writing after i changed it. could that cause a problem?
I doubt that would be causing the issue.
Look into the rubber guibo bushing that is on the drive shaft. There was another thread about this recently. When the guibo bushing becomes worn out, the drive shaft will dance around causing a vibration... but it will eventually calm down.
Does it feel like it's under your butt or is the steering wheel vibrating?
Did you replace the diff bushing ? That was also the cause for some people.
      09-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
kalee
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Quote:
Look into the rubber guibo bushing that is on the drive shaft. There was another thread about this recently. When the guibo bushing becomes worn out, the drive shaft will dance around causing a vibration... but it will eventually calm down.
Oh i forgot to mention it only vibrates going over 60mph and i mostly the feel it under my butt and i can see passenger seat rattling. I will check those bushings asap thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Quote:
Oh i forgot to mention it only vibrates going over 60mph and i mostly the feel it under my butt and i can see passenger seat rattling. I will check those bushings asap thank you
Most likely the guibo bushing on the driveshaft then. Good luck.