F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > No longer an F3x owner
Studio RSR

09-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #1
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

No longer an F3x owner

Well, the 325d hearse has gone.

A great car, I got it in December 2013 with 2900 miles on the clock (ex press car), loaded with virtually every extra apart from electric seats (adaptive suspension, adaptive lights, high beam assist, pano sunroof, folding towbar, heated seats front and rear, pro nav, etc, etc). Very few problems (an EGR failure at about 2 years old, one sensor a few months after that), but it's time for a change.

I don't need an estate any more, and the old-shape 1 series drives very similarly to the 3, and feels familiar inside, so after a decent test drive, I've gone for a nicely-specced 118d 5 door, in met black, with 13k on the clock (18/68 plate). Bought from Imperial cars Halesowen branch, really nice and easy to deal with, no hard sell, no crap.

That'll do me for the next few years
Appreciate 3
RustyBitz1573.50
isleaiw18781.00
RobUK2812.00
      09-21-2020, 02:35 AM   #2
G50
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
Well, the 325d hearse has gone.

A great car, I got it in December 2013 with 2900 miles on the clock (ex press car), loaded with virtually every extra apart from electric seats (adaptive suspension, adaptive lights, high beam assist, pano sunroof, folding towbar, heated seats front and rear, pro nav, etc, etc). Very few problems (an EGR failure at about 2 years old, one sensor a few months after that), but it's time for a change.

I don't need an estate any more, and the old-shape 1 series drives very similarly to the 3, and feels familiar inside, so after a decent test drive, I've gone for a nicely-specced 118d 5 door, in met black, with 13k on the clock (18/68 plate). Bought from Imperial cars Halesowen branch, really nice and easy to deal with, no hard sell, no crap.

That'll do me for the next few years
I've had a 120d courtesy car recently (strangely enough it was my misses non-bmw car that was in for work, so had it alongside my 330d for a week).

It had the zf, so felt at home in it right away, the drop in power was almost compensated for by how light and pointy it felt, and the space up front felt pretty much the same to me. I enjoyed it and would have one. Good luck with it!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 02:56 AM   #3
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
The start of my BMW ownership was an E81 118d, got it when I got rid of a company Audi A3 that I never really gelled with. A good car that I could carry 4 people in as well as fold the back seats down and haul stuff to the tip (a lot more practical than the F30 I have now in that respect). The 118d was a punchy engine although I do confess to having Will at P-Torque giving it some attention

Enjoy your new motor

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0