BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Best True Ceramic Spray I've Used!

09-27-2020, 03:55 AM   #1
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Best True Ceramic Spray I've Used!

Not sure if this product has been mentioned before but I had to come on here because the results I just got are insane (photos to follow later).

The product is Adams Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. It's part of their new "collection" they just released. Basically it's a true ceramic coating that's in spray form. It last around 1 year which is not as long as the non-spray form but, for ease of use it's great.

I've been using just a normal sealant for quite awhile but decided to dip my feet into the ceramic coating world.

Application was extremely easy with the wettest looking paint I think I've ever seen after using any product. A quick wash, polish for swirl removal and then 2 coats (4 hours between coats) left me with a crazy shine. Highly recommend if you want to try a ceramic coating product.
Appreciate 2
oz555671.00
      09-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #2
rickkap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d XDrive M Sport (G20)

Can this be applied outside or does it need to be in a workshop?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #3
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickkap View Post
Can this be applied outside or does it need to be in a workshop?
Can easily be applied outside. I applied it in my apartments parking garage.
Appreciate 1
rickkap37.50
      09-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #4
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep
Drives: G20 Msport, 1996 Civic DX

Can't wait for pics!! Is it pretty hydrophobic?

Did you apply it to the windows and wheels as well?
      09-27-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Can't wait for pics!! Is it pretty hydrophobic?

Did you apply it to the windows and wheels as well?
I'll post pics tomorrow when I can actually get the car out in the sun! I did a hydrophobic test with just a hose and it seems to be very hydrophobic so far.

I applied to rims and windshield!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm apologizing in advance for my terrible photography skills! 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
GOLFFRR10719.50
Nashville1108.00
OM3RTA391.00
Casone238527.50
      09-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^wow, nicely done
may have to look into this

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #8
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Ceramic coatings are lovely. Only thing stopping me is paint correction. Did it on my A4 and while it was worth every penny, I don't want to do paint correction again!!
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #9
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Ceramic coatings are lovely. Only thing stopping me is paint correction. Did it on my A4 and while it was worth every penny, I don't want to do paint correction again!!
One good thing about living in LA is the weather. Since I've owned the car (4 months) I haven't done a single touch hand wash. Just take it to the car wash, spray foam/soap the car, pressure wash, and blow dry.

So I luckily didn't have to do much paint correction at all. I hate having to do paint correction!
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      09-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #10
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhibhooligan View Post
One good thing about living in LA is the weather. Since I've owned the car (4 months) I haven't done a single touch hand wash. Just take it to the car wash, spray foam/soap the car, pressure wash, and blow dry.

So I luckily didn't have to do much paint correction at all. I hate having to do paint correction!
Mine was messed up by the dealer. When I bought my car, I specifically asked the guy to tell them NOT to wash or do anything to my car. Just remove the protective stickers and give the car as is, however dirty it was (which it wasn't). But he forgot to tell the guys at the "detailing area" that. And they totally messed it up. I couldn't believe the amount of swirl marks! But I was tired that day and just wanted to get back home and let it slide since it was a lease anyway. I do not take it to car washes with brushes. I wash all my cars at home by hand using the two bucket method. During the winter, it's always touchless.
But yes. To get rid of the swirl marks, I'll need to spend some time correcting the paint and I just don't have the time and patience at the moment to do it. Which is why I haven't ceramic/graphene coated it yet.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #11
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mine was messed up by the dealer. When I bought my car, I specifically asked the guy to tell them NOT to wash or do anything to my car. Just remove the protective stickers and give the car as is, however dirty it was (which it wasn't). But he forgot to tell the guys at the "detailing area" that. And they totally messed it up. I couldn't believe the amount of swirl marks! But I was tired that day and just wanted to get back home and let it slide since it was a lease anyway. I do not take it to car washes with brushes. I wash all my cars at home by hand using the two bucket method. During the winter, it's always touchless.
But yes. To get rid of the swirl marks, I'll need to spend some time correcting the paint and I just don't have the time and patience at the moment to do it. Which is why I haven't ceramic/graphene coated it yet.
I can't believe the amount of damage a dealership can inflict on a brand new car! When I went to pick up my car some of the cars looked like they had been washed with a Brillo pad!

I was lucky that when I choose my car they had just pulled it off of the transport truck that morning. So protective stickers weren't removed and the car hadn't gone to the "detail shop" at the dealership yet. I also got a lease but just lucked out that the car I wanted had just gotten delivered.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      09-28-2020, 01:07 PM   #12
Nashville
BMW Sales
Rep
Drives: G20 Msport, 1996 Civic DX

Quote:
Quote:

I work at the dealership level. And I had 100% control of my car from when it came off of the truck to when it was in my driveway.

There was still swirls and marred paint. Don't forget that when the vehicle hits the VPC, they might buff on it and do paint correction there.

Don't always jump to blame the dealer

09-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #13
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I work at the dealership level. And I had 100% control of my car from when it came off of the truck to when it was in my driveway.

There was still swirls and marred paint. Don't forget that when the vehicle hits the VPC, they might buff on it and do paint correction there.

Don't always jump to blame the dealer

This is true! I've seen cars come off the transport truck with tons of paint marring, scratches, etc. that most likely occurred at the factory or while in transport.

I once had a transport driver tell me he wipes all the cars off with a rag before delivering them to the dealership to leave a "good impression" on the transport company. I feel like that would leave the opposite impression on me but, oh well!

But definitely not always the dealerships fault! If anything the dealerships sometimes try to fix the issues and just end up leaving buffer trails or other paint imperfections but have good intentions.
Appreciate 1
Nashville1108.00
      09-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #14
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Yup. I agree that all cars, even from the factory, have some marring and swirls and that it isn't caused by the dealer.

But this one was. I say it because I drove the car before buying it and it had the stickers on. It even had some minor swirls which wouldn't have taken much of my time. Before I bought it, I asked the sales person to NOT even wash it but he forgot to tell them. He himself told me he forgot to tell them and ran from where we were to tell them. But it was too late by then. Like exhibhooligan said, it looks like they used a Brillo pad to give the car a good scrubbing!!
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #15
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yup. I agree that all cars, even from the factory, have some marring and swirls and that it isn't caused by the dealer.

But this one was. I say it because I drove the car before buying it and it had the stickers on. It even had some minor swirls which wouldn't have taken much of my time. Before I bought it, I asked the sales person to NOT even wash it but he forgot to tell them. He himself told me he forgot to tell them and ran from where we were to tell them. But it was too late by then. Like exhibhooligan said, it looks like they used a Brillo pad to wipe the car down!!!
I'm not sure if other dealerships are like the one I went to (Beverly Hills BMW) but my sales lady actually carried around a binder full of stickers.

They were basically stickers to show the bodyshop where the dealership or customer found a scratch, dent, imperfection, etc. But, one of the stickers was pretty large and said (DO NOT DETAIL). When I questioned her she said many of their customers request for no one to touch the car so they have stickers for it! 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:29 PM   #16
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure if other dealerships are like the one I went to (Beverly Hills BMW) but my sales lady actually carried around a binder full of stickers.

They were basically stickers to show the bodyshop where the dealership or customer found a scratch, dent, imperfection, etc. But, one of the stickers was pretty large and said (DO NOT DETAIL). When I questioned her she said many of their customers request for no one to touch the car so they have stickers for it! 😂
Yup. My Audi dealer has those stickers. I thought they'd do something similar here but I've never used this dealership before. First time buying from them. Apparently they don't!
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #17
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Not sure if this product has been mentioned before but I had to come on here because the results I just got are insane (photos to follow later).

The product is Adams Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. It's part of their new "collection" they just released. Basically it's a true ceramic coating that's in spray form. It last around 1 year which is not as long as the non-spray form but, for ease of use it's great.

I've been using just a normal sealant for quite awhile but decided to dip my feet into the ceramic coating world.

Application was extremely easy with the wettest looking paint I think I've ever seen after using any product. A quick wash, polish for swirl removal and then 2 coats (4 hours between coats) left me with a crazy shine. Highly recommend if you want to try a ceramic coating product.
What polish/pads did you use?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #18
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
Quote:

What polish/pads did you use?
I used Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0. It's a super fine polish since I really didn't have many swirls to remove.

I actually hand polished the entire car (my arms are very much regretting that now). Since I didn't have much to polish out I didn't really see the need to try and run an extension cord all the way through my apartments parking garage to use an electric polisher.
Appreciate 0