home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

09-30-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Opinions on my Frozen Orange build?

I am doing a Frozen Orange/6MT G80, fully loaded with Carbon Bucket Seats, etc. I have a December build (provided the Frozen Orange exterior doesn't push it back).

I wanted to solicit opinions on the my interior choice. I think the orange/black interior on a frozen orange car is too much (feel free to disagree), especially if I do the crazy M Performance Exhaust (which I likely will do) and the M Performance Front Lip.

That leaves black or silverstone interior. Silverstone interior on a Frozen Orange exterior looks strange, especially from the rear as the headrests are white. Black on black is boring, especially coming from my CS interior which is bi-color seats.

Would love some feedback. Thanks.

These photos were taken from the BMW.CA configurator, which is pretty good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Adding shot of orange interior from behind.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:47 AM   #3
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

You really don't have that many choices on interior color. I would do the Silverstone because I like lighter interiors. It opens the car up more and black leather shows every imperfection and debris. The Orange will be overkill and any type of brown would not look good in my opinion. Two of my cars are black with black leather and I will never go down that road again. Good luck on your choices and I can't wait to see the final product.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:56 AM   #4
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
You really don't have that many choices on interior color. I would do the Silverstone because I like lighter interiors. It opens the car up more and black leather shows every imperfection and debris. The Orange will be overkill and any type of brown would not look good in my opinion. Two of my cars are black with black leather and I will never go down that road again. Good luck on your choices and I can't wait to see the final product.
I think the Orange Interior will be complete overkill or it will look really f***ing good. Can't tell.

Black is boring but at least let's the Exterior stand out. White interior on Frozen Orange could be cool...

I just found a Fire Orange with Silverstone F80 (pic attached) but almost every other Fire Orange build (which is similar) has a black interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #5
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I would go with blk guts with FO exterior for me.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 3
JDUNITNOW3453.00
JTO245246.50
      09-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Quote:
The black would be sweet i have to admit. When I was considering the M340i, the sunset orange with Oyster interior was fire.
04 BMW X5
Appreciate 2
GOLFFRR10722.50
      09-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #7
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
I think the Orange Interior will be complete overkill or it will look really f***ing good. Can't tell.

Black is boring but at least let's the Exterior stand out. White interior on Frozen Orange could be cool...

I just found a Fire Orange with Silverstone F80 (pic attached) but almost every other Fire Orange build (which is similar) has a black interior.
Quote:
That really looks good in my opinion. It would be my pick but I am glad its you that has to make that decision
04 BMW X5
Appreciate 1
PGF9038.00
      09-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

I think the Ivory and Fjord Blue w/ Black interiors would also work. I recall some F82 M4s with Sakhir Orange exterior and Opal White interior, sometimes referred to as "Creamsicle".

Since, as far as I know, we don't actually have any real life pictures of Frozen Orange yet (be it on a G8x M3/M4 or any other car), it's tough to gauge how the Kyalami Orange interior will look in combination with it. If Frozen Orange is based on a "pure" orange similar to Fire Orange, it might flow nicely. However, it if it's based on a more "metallic", coppery orange like the current Sunset Orange, it might clash a bit.

Confusingly, the F8x color "Frozen Red" was based on Sakhir Orange, so presumably the new "Frozen Orange" will not be based on that color. Maybe, for maximum confusion, it will be based on Toronto Red?

Here's a Frozen Red (which, like I say, is really Frozen Sakhir Orange) F82 with Opal White interior:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1212901
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I think the Ivory and Fjord Blue w/ Black interiors would also work. I recall some F82 M4s with Sakhir Orange exterior and Opal White interior, sometimes referred to as "Creamsicle".

Since, as far as I know, we don't actually have any real life pictures of Frozen Orange yet (be it on a G8x M3/M4 or any other car), it's tough to gauge how the Kyalami Orange interior will look in combination with it. If Frozen Orange is based on a "pure" orange similar to Fire Orange, it might flow nicely. However, it if it's based on a more "metallic", coppery orange like the current Sunset Orange, it might clash a bit.

Confusingly, the F8x color "Frozen Red" was based on Sakhir Orange, so presumably the new "Frozen Orange" will not be based on that color. Maybe, for maximum confusion, it will be based on Toronto Red?

Here's a Frozen Red (which, like I say, is really Frozen Sakhir Orange) F82 with Opal White interior:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1212901
Wow that combo looks awful to me with the Ivory Interior. You may have just saved me a lot of grief by pulling those pics. I know Black is the safe bet but I want the CF Bucket seats to stand out and Black doesnt do it.

Kylami could work well, but it could clash, or it could match but look like overkill...

In terms of what color Frozen Orange is based on, I would say that the configurator-generated image looks ALMOST identical to the car you just posted. See below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #10
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
In terms of what color Frozen Orange is based on, I would say that the configurator-generated image looks ALMOST identical to the car you just posted. See below.
I agree they look similar based on the configurator image, but those can be very deceiving. For example, see the recent Brooklyn Gray thread.

Of course, it's still possible that Frozen Orange is simply Frozen Red by a new name. Or if it is actually Frozen Sunset, it would still look similar to what was called Frozen Red since Sunset is fairly close to the same shade as Sakhir.

Hopefully we get some real-life pictures of Frozen Orange soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #11
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I agree they look similar based on the configurator image, but those can be very deceiving. For example, see the recent Brooklyn Gray thread.

Of course, it's still possible that Frozen Orange is simply Frozen Red by a new name. Or if it is actually Frozen Sunset, it would still look very similar to what was called Frozen Red since Sunset is fairly similar to Sakhir.

Hopefully we get some real-life pictures of Frozen Orange soon.
Agreed, the configurator images always look a little darker (same as in this side-by-side comparison). Thanks again for the link to the "creamsicle" car. I wouldn't mind a few real life pics of Frozen Portimao blue and Dark Grey (which is probably frozen grey M4 GTS looking) to aid in my final decision.

Last edited by frankiebones; 09-30-2020 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #12
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Personally I can’t see anything but black interior to fit that color and preserve the agressive looking contrast of the black exterior trim and the orange. Mix it up with light interior of any kind and you will have a Tropical drink on your hands...
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #13
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

You'd have to go with black interior. Any other color will be too crazy with FO.

Plus adding the Type R exhaust will make your build very "out there". The black bucket seats will be sexy and help tame things down a bit on your build.
      09-30-2020, 08:58 PM   #14
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
You'd have to go with black interior. Any other color will be too crazy with FO.

Plus adding the Type R exhaust will make your build very "out there". The black bucket seats will be sexy and help tame things down a bit on your build.
I need to hear these things....ok, agreed. The type R exhaust would look sick if the diffuser didn't wrap around the sides so I may not do it for that reason (and that reason alone).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Never even thought of the SS interior, but that's what I'd go with. It's not overly light and a good balance of black parts in the interior to balance out the light grey. I'm a sucker for 2 tone interiors

I'd also consider going with blue calipers in this case too.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3453.00
      10-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #16
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Never even thought of the SS interior, but that's what I'd go with. It's not overly light and a good balance of black parts in the interior to balance out the light grey. I'm a sucker for 2 tone interiors

I'd also consider going with blue calipers in this case too.
I am a sucker for two tone interiors as well (my M3 CS is amazing and I get compliments from people if they even walk by the car at a crosswalk). BUT with Frozen Orange on the outside there is a lot going on.

I remember being tempted to order my YMB F80 with Sakhir Orange interior and I decided against it because someone told me it was look like Superman's car (red and blue lol).

Red calipers would work with Orange, but so would Blue...may go with Red just because every M i've had was equipped with Blue.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #17
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I am a sucker for two tone interiors as well (my M3 CS is amazing and I get compliments from people if they even walk by the car at a crosswalk). BUT with Frozen Orange on the outside there is a lot going on.

I remember being tempted to order my YMB F80 with Sakhir Orange interior and I decided against it because someone told me it was look like Superman's car (red and blue lol).

Red calipers would work with Orange, but so would Blue...may go with Red just because every M i've had was equipped with Blue.
I usually go with loud interior or exterior, but never both at the same time. Some combos do work though, like blue exterior and red interior, but it very much depends on the shades of color (for what it's worth, I do like YMB/SO haha).

I don't consider SS a loud option, which is why I think it actually goes well with FO. Then you add the fact that there's plenty of black to tone it down and I think it'll be one hell of a good looking car IMO.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 08:53 AM   #18
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
In line with your comments yesterday, if you look at a lot of the recent pics BMW has posted of the IoMG with Kyalami Orange interior (most recent Instagram pic versus the configurator is a prime example) it's actually a very pale orange. It's actually difficult to believe it's the same color the configurator is depicting. It's really a total crapshoot if it will look good with Frozen Orange...Black is the safest bet and will definitely compliment the shadowline trim.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:57 AM   #19
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I usually go with loud interior or exterior, but never both at the same time. Some combos do work though, like blue exterior and red interior, but it very much depends on the shades of color (for what it's worth, I do like YMB/SO haha).

I don't consider SS a loud option, which is why I think it actually goes well with FO. Then you add the fact that there's plenty of black to tone it down and I think it'll be one hell of a good looking car IMO.
I dont think the blue calipers work with the SO interior and the FO exterior IMO.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 09:13 AM   #20
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I dont think the blue calipers work with the SO interior and the FO exterior IMO.
I think this looks epic
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:16 AM   #21
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think this looks epic
Decisions Decisions Frankie, what are you going to do?
04 BMW X5
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 12:23 PM   #22
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

As with the interior I’d be careful with adding more bright colors as red calipers. Maraschino cherries or Tequila sunrise vibe towards the orange. Will be appreciated in Key West but maybe not so much in the NE.

I’d go black again for calipers.
Appreciate 0