E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW NA

07-01-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

BMW NA

Not sure if this is the right place for this string, but I thought it might be useful to know what experiences members have had with BMW NA at different levels.

My only interaction involved a problem in the second week I had my '99 323i, with a fuel pump leak due to a mouse eating through the line right above the gas tank, resulting in a pool of gas beneath the rear seat. I was pretty freaked when I unloaded my three boys and their carseats out of the back seat and pulled it to see where the gas smell was coming from. There was at least a litre or two sitting there waiting to explode... I was once told by a complete BMW-head that sometimes salt gets into some areas during the delivery process (mine was a ED from Munich), causing problems with mice. Not sure why the fuel line would be edible, I have had occasional problems with mice stashing dog food and making nests in the engine compartment and heater boxes with a couple of cars (I live out in the country), but never chewing through fuel lines.

Regardless, the service rep at the local dealership sent a letter to the regional BMW NA management, and they (regional management) sent me a note that was both stupid and rude. Rather than trying to understand the problem and develop a fix, they insulted me for having a pest "infestation". Not very professional; I sure hope no one ever gets toasted because of their lack of foresight.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 328xi

stressdoc...don't feel so bad! I had a problem with my '04 X3 in where the airbag sensors kept coming on and off. BMWNA came to me and said that after much investigation...there is nothing more they can do to resolve the problem. AND THAT WAS IT!

After being a royal pain in the A$$ to BMWNA they finally decided to get me out of the X3 and I'm picking up my new 328xi from the dealership this weekend. And the coll thing...my monthly payments are the same, I have 2 more years to pay it off (I financed it), and my 4 year warranty starts the moment I drive the car off the lot!

WOO HOO!!! :rocks:

Last edited by BigO1120; 11-08-2006 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0