THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Engine running smoothly?

10-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
german_redneck
Rep
Drives: 2015 f22 m235i

Engine running smoothly?

Hi all,

I'm about to take the plunge and use BM3 Stage 1 to give my 235 some extra power, but before I do that I took a log to make sure everything looked good. While looking at the log, I realize I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at

Would anyone mind taking a look and making sure everything looks good on the stock motor before I flash the tune? Here is the log with a 2nd and 3rd gear pull: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5f90...90c62a169fae33

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
este
N54 to N55
Rep
Drives: e92 335i (sold) / M235i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by german_redneck View Post
Hi all,

I'm about to take the plunge and use BM3 Stage 1 to give my 235 some extra power, but before I do that I took a log to make sure everything looked good. While looking at the log, I realize I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at

Would anyone mind taking a look and making sure everything looks good on the stock motor before I flash the tune? Here is the log with a 2nd and 3rd gear pull: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5f90...90c62a169fae33

Thanks!
Timing looks pretty good, I'd try the tune and see how it runs. If anything a fresh set of spark plugs wouldn't hurt now or later.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #3
german_redneck
Rep
Drives: 2015 f22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by este View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Timing looks pretty good, I'd try the tune and see how it runs. If anything a fresh set of spark plugs wouldn't hurt now or later.
Thanks este, any reason specifically you recommended new spark plugs?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 09:41 PM   #4
este
N54 to N55
Rep
Drives: e92 335i (sold) / M235i 6mt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by este View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Thanks este, any reason specifically you recommended new spark plugs?
if they've been on there for a while(25-40k) they will prob became a weak point (idle issues/misfires) once you add power from tune.
Appreciate 0