BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-02-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
jennian
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw x5

ride height

my 2019 X5 suddenly can’t adjust ride height. on console no light on toggle switch. on tailgate press button flashes green once or twice but no movement. anyone had similar issues and advice on how to correct? thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennian View Post
my 2019 X5 suddenly can't adjust ride height. on console no light on toggle switch. on tailgate press button flashes green once or twice but no movement. anyone had similar issues and advice on how to correct? thanks
Are there any check control messages?

A rapidly flashing LED on the rocker switch indicates the air suspension height adjustment is unavailable.

If the level adjustment is activated frequently in quick succession, the system switches off to prevent overheating and is temporarily unavailable or operates with a delay.

Or it maybe in workshop mode if you press and hold the rocker switch in a forward or backward for approximately 7 secs.

Exiting workshop mode
To activate the control of the air suspension, the workshop mode must be deactivated.

This can be done as follows:
• Driving speed higher than 6 km/h (4 mph)
• Hold ride height rocker button pressed for longer than 7s.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      11-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
jennian
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw x5

tried your suggestions but no fix. guess it’s to the dealer. thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
saadG05
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M KIT

Garage List
try to pull the toggle for exactly 7 seconds then release , i remember holding it for longer didn't switch it on
Appreciate 1
mobilejo1114.50
      04-23-2024, 05:28 AM   #5
jhonson6
Registered
Rep
Drives: toyata

Quote:
my 2019 X5 suddenly can’t adjust ride height. on console no light on toggle switch. on tailgate press button flashes green once or twice but no movement. anyone had similar issues and advice on how to correct? thanks
i like your comment
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 06:13 AM   #6
jhonson6
Registered
Rep
Drives: toyata

Quote:
It sounds like there might be a problem with the ride height adjustment system in your 2019 X5. If the toggle switch isn't lighting up on the console and there's no movement when you try to adjust the ride height, there could be several possible causes. Here are a few steps you could try to diagnose and potentially fix the issue:

Check the Fuse: Start by checking the fuse related to the ride height adjustment system. If the fuse is blown, it could be preventing power from reaching the system.
Inspect Wiring and Connections: Inspect the wiring and connections related to the ride height adjustment system. Look for any signs of damage, corrosion, or loose connections that could be causing a loss of power or signal.
Reset the System: Sometimes, resetting the system can resolve minor issues. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset the vehicle's electronic systems. Be sure to consult your vehicle's manual for instructions on safely disconnecting the battery.
Scan for Error Codes: Use an OBD-II scanner to check for any error codes related to the ride height adjustment system. This can help pinpoint the specific problem and guide your troubleshooting efforts.
Seek Professional Help: If you're unable to identify or resolve the issue on your own, it's best to seek assistance from a qualified mechanic or dealership. They'll have the tools and expertise to diagnose the problem accurately and recommend the appropriate repairs.
Remember to prioritize safety when troubleshooting and working on your vehicle. If you're unsure or uncomfortable performing any of these steps yourself, it's always best to seek professional
Appreciate 0