BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
rolllikero
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i 2020

Key Card and Driver Profiles

I've finally got confirmation from my local dealership of the key card being available in my country. I wanted to know if key cards can be programmed to a driver profile like a conventional key? That is, when I tap the key card on the door, will it adjust the settings to match a particular driver profile? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolllikero View Post
I've finally got confirmation from my local dealership of the key card being available in my country. I wanted to know if key cards can be programmed to a driver profile like a conventional key? That is, when I tap the key card on the door, will it adjust the settings to match a particular driver profile? Thank you.
Yes, but it may not be intuitive how to make it so. This helped me: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25007951
      11-05-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
BHCJJS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 x40i M Sport, '04 E46

Quote:
Here are the steps via the manual.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 02:04 AM   #4
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHCJJS View Post
Quote:
Here are the steps via the manual.
Those instructions will not quite work (or at least did not work on 2019 software) as stated for linking to a Digital Key CARD. The instructions are for Digital Key, which is NOT the CARD, but rather only the smartphone "Digital Key" (was only Android in the past, Android now gone, long live Apple-only Digital Key). Hence why I provided the link to the specific post for the OP, here again: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25007951
      11-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #5
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Those instructions will not quite work (or at least did not work on 2019 software) as stated for linking to a Digital Key CARD. The instructions are for Digital Key, which is NOT the CARD, but rather only the smartphone "Digital Key" (was only Android in the past, Android now gone, long live Apple-only Digital Key). Hence why I provided the link to the specific post for the OP, here again: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25007951
Thanks for all the infor but weirdly I am getting a message saying that there is already a digital key linked to my account but there is no digital key (phone or card) that I have linked before. It tells me that I need to remove the other digital key before linking a new one. Has anyone had this issue before? Do I need to call Connected Services help to remove the existing link?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 12:22 AM   #6
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
Thanks for all the infor but weirdly I am getting a message saying that there is already a digital key linked to my account but there is no digital key (phone or card) that I have linked before. It tells me that I need to remove the other digital key before linking a new one. Has anyone had this issue before? Do I need to call Connected Services help to remove the existing link?
It may be that one was assigned to your vehicle, and the dealer failed to include it when delivering it to you, or, it's in an envelope somewhere. Mine was stuck in the packet with the owner's manual, a place not everyone ever looks!
Appreciate 1
volodp196.50
      08-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #7
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

I presume you can't link more than type of digital key to your profile eg iPhone AND key card? That's the impression I get from the menus and I need to select my profile and use the PIN to authenticate the "un-linked" digital key.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #8
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
I presume you can't link more than type of digital key to your profile eg iPhone AND key card? That's the impression I get from the menus and I need to select my profile and use the PIN to authenticate the "un-linked" digital key.
you can. I have the fob, iPhone Digital Key and Digital Key Card all working in my driver profile
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #9
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
you can. I have the fob, iPhone Digital Key and Digital Key Card all working in my driver profile
Cheers - I get a message saying I need to unlink the other key.

If I don't do that, one digital key brings up the profile, the other needs it to be selected and confirmed via PIN.
Appreciate 0