BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    New windshield question

11-11-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

New windshield question

Hi everyone,

Have a bad crack on my windshield and needs to be replaced. OEM dealer wants $2500 plus labor (Canadian price).

Car has HUD. Has anyone found a cheaper alternative that works and is 100% structurally sound?

Any insights are appreciated

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Hi everyone,

Have a bad crack on my windshield and needs to be replaced. OEM dealer wants $2500 plus labor (Canadian price).

Car has HUD. Has anyone found a cheaper alternative that works and is 100% structurally sound?

And just like that I appreciate having windshield insurance

Sorry to hear! Good luck finding a cheaper option.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8565.50
      11-11-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
CanadianF90M5
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Hi everyone,

Getting my windshield replaced next week at the dealership, $2,670 Canadian all in ... in Edmonton (through insurance thankfully)
      11-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #4
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Wow, that's a steep increase...

I paid 1,800$ CDN 1.5 years ago at BMW... It's badly cracked again since a while but that kind of money for a windshield is just so ridiculous, insurance or not.
      11-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

If each dot was 1$, that's 1,800$

.................................................. ..................................................
.................................................. ..................................................

Now 2,700$

11-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #6
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Uh...thanks? Now do 1 million and then 1 billion.
Appreciate 1
Neptune71432.50
      11-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #7
rS2g
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp-GrigioTelesto-Tat

I am getting my front windshield replaced tomorrow. I was was quoted 1400 Canadian at the dealer.

Don't forget to tell your insurance as it should be covered minus your deductible
2013 F10 - Space Grey - Sakhir Orange
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rS2g View Post
I am getting my front windshield replaced tomorrow. I was was quoted 1400 Canadian at the dealer.

Don't forget to tell your insurance as it should be covered minus your deductible
Same here but was cover under the warrnty i'll say go with the OEM one.
You may have a problem with the heads up and the camera if you don't .

Even with the oem one my heads up screen is acting wierd
      11-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #9
rS2g
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp-GrigioTelesto-Tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_f90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rS2g View Post

Same here but was cover under the warrnty i'll say go with the OEM one.
You may have a problem with the heads up and the camera if you don't .

Even with the oem one my heads up screen is acting wierd
Yes - it will be OEM as I am on lease and it must be. Will be done through dealer, although not something my warranty covers apparently which is why I'm going through insurance
2013 F10 - Space Grey - Sakhir Orange
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #10
CanadianF90M5
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5

Just got my windshield replaced at the dealer ... this is in Canadian dollars not including tax.
Attached Images

11-18-2020, 07:27 AM   #11
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

stealth70mde

Way too much time on your hands.
Appreciate 0