BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #1
solomonshv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6

Garage List
the fuel economy on the X6 40i is surprisingly good

completed a 100+ mile trip from PA to NYC. the first 30 miles of the trip was a mix of stop and go traffic, traffic lights, 25MPH and 35MPH roads. the last 10 miles was the same. everything in between was 65-80MPH. and yet i somehow managed to average 28 miles per gallon.

this is 5000 pound car, carrying 3 adults, a full trunk, a full 22.4 gallon tank (at the start of the trip) and various gizmos running, like the massage seats. i've made this trip many times in various other cars. mercedes glc, gle, ford explorer sport, audi a6, and a few others. i never did this well. the explorer sport, also a 5000 pound, 195-ish inch land yacht with a turbo 6 cylinder engine, gets about 16-18MPG on this same exact trip.

i know that you fellas on the other side of the pond have diesels that can do better, but we don't get those here. my mind is blown.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0