BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos What car companies do you think need improvement?

10-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

What car companies do you think need improvement?

Pick a car company, and point out what it needs to improve on, what it needs to sustain and your opinion overall. I will start.

Lexus:

Improve:

I think that BMW does so well because it blends sport with luxury so well. Lexus needs to do the same and has all the potential to do so. They are rock solid reliable and have great powerplants (IS350 in particular) where BMW is weak. In 2006 the BMW 330i was rated at around 250hp or so and ran the 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds while the IS350 was rated at 306hp and ran the quarter mile in about 13 and a half seconds however... BMW won the hearts of all the fans because it offered a much more rewarding experience by leaving the option of a "Sport package" and a 6 speed manual transmission while the Lexus gave the 6 speed manual and AWD to the IS250 and left the IS350 with RWD and Auto-manual with craptastic paddle shift. I think that Lexus REALLY F'd up with that one.

Sustain:

I think that lexus needs to sustain its materials, reliability and overall fit and finish. It is excellent, I think even better than the Germans. I also am a fan of the look of most of their cars.

Overall:

I think they are a great car company that needs to give away some of the maturity and focus on the SPORT portion of car making or at least leave us with a solid option instead of having all Lexus cars going to wrinkly, retired old people that live in Florida.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

well i think opel is in a very bad position..
Appreciate 0