BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

What's this sound?

Just parked my car and connected the charging cable and noticed a repetitive sound coming from below the front register plate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_qp...ew?usp=sharing

The sound repeats every 10 seconds or so. My guess is that the car is trying to close the flaps under the register plate (they are open and I have never seen them open before). It's below freezing point, so it's possible that the flaps are frozen and don't move.

The sound has been repeating for 25 minutes now so I guess it's going to do that forever (until the battery dies).
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
biterror
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

The sound comes from the motor that is trying to close the flaps under the front bumper. The car is still trying, I don't think the flaps are frozen because parking the car in a warm garage didn't solve the problem. The motor sounds pretty bad now, I guess it's been trying to close the flaps for several hours (about 30 minutes after each drive and maybe during driving as well).

Time to contact the dealer...
Appreciate 0