BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Building my X7

12-16-2020, 06:46 AM   #1
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Building my X7

Well today I finally got permission to post on this site by the administrator. In the past several days I started by X7 build and it's now in the production stages. It's been showing "Production begins" status for the past 3 days but my dealer says it's more than half built already on his site. He told me that what I see is always 3-7 days behind actual process.

I've had so many questions to ask before I submitted the build code but couldn't get any info from this site until I was approved to do so. I've been reading SEVERAL old post trying to get an idea of what not to do when ordering , etc.

I'm very excited and should receive her just after the new year. I built it white on white, m sport 40i....can't wait to see her. First vehicle I've built. Just sold my 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE43 AMG to build the X7. I regretted buying the AMG because a month after I purchased the 2019 X5 came out and I was in love. So I had someone buy out my lease on the AMG so I could build my X7.

I'm currently driving my Polaris Slingshot 60 miles a day in Columbus, OH in 22-39 degree temps back and forth to work. I use my wife's company car, which is allowed, on days when it snows but once the roads are dry, back in my Slingshot. I will still run the Slingshot through the winter even when I get the X7.

Anyhoo, I'm done babbling...just wanted to say hello to all!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 04:27 AM   #2
Stunz G.
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7bmw23 View Post
Well today I finally got permission to post on this site by the administrator. In the past several days I started by X7 build and it's now in the production stages. It's been showing "Production begins" status for the past 3 days but my dealer says it's more than half built already on his site. He told me that what I see is always 3-7 days behind actual process.

I've had so many questions to ask before I submitted the build code but couldn't get any info from this site until I was approved to do so. I've been reading SEVERAL old post trying to get an idea of what not to do when ordering , etc.

I'm very excited and should receive her just after the new year. I built it white on white, m sport 40i....can't wait to see her. First vehicle I've built. Just sold my 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE43 AMG to build the X7. I regretted buying the AMG because a month after I purchased the 2019 X5 came out and I was in love. So I had someone buy out my lease on the AMG so I could build my X7.

I'm currently driving my Polaris Slingshot 60 miles a day in Columbus, OH in 22-39 degree temps back and forth to work. I use my wife's company car, which is allowed, on days when it snows but once the roads are dry, back in my Slingshot. I will still run the Slingshot through the winter even when I get the X7.

Whats up x7bmw23. Im also knew and addicted to this site. I have a custom build thats been ready since Tuesday. But im dealing with this NYC snow right now. Trying to not put the new ride through the elements so quick. lol... She comes home on Sunday. Mineral White 40i Msport w/ coffee extended merino. Alot of great information on the forum. Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 02:11 AM   #3
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunz G. View Post
Quote:

Whats up x7bmw23. Im also knew and addicted to this site. I have a custom build thats been ready since Tuesday. But im dealing with this NYC snow right now. Trying to not put the new ride through the elements so quick. lol... She comes home on Sunday. Mineral White 40i Msport w/ coffee extended merino. Alot of great information on the forum. Have fun.
Congrats on the new ride! No better way to break in the X7 then taking her through the paces and putting xdrive to the test in snowy conditions....hopefully you built her with 21" all season tires.

A lot of information on this site for sure. Can't wait, the first week in January can't get here soon enough. Be sure to post pictures of your new ride before she hits the snow and salt.....unless they're executing a Covid front door delivery. Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Congrats on the X7. Not sure what the dealer is saying about status being 3-7 days behind as the below was pretty accurate for me. Also, the X7 is built in like one day as it goes down the assembly line, so it’s not half built right now. It’s starts down the assembly line when the status shows “entered into assembly line” and will hit quality check the same day. If the current status is “entered into production” the the factory is just gathering/tagging all the parts necessary to build your X7.

You can also call the BMW Genius number and they will tell you the week it should go into the assembly line.

Again congrats, you’re gonna love it. I can’t stop driving mine. I got the M50i and love it.

My timeline is below.
13 Oct - Ordered
30 Oct - Entered into production
11 Nov - Entered into assembly begins today
11 Nov - now it’s at quality check
12 Nov - carrier has been assigned
23 Nov - arrived at dealership
27 Nov - delivered to my house after PDI and tint
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
Hsiaowei511
Counting the Days!
Rep
Drives: BMW X7,Lexus GS 350

Garage List
Quote:

Welcome!! I think we were all waiting for the questions! So, how did you build it? 🤣
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 02:56 AM   #6
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsiaowei511 View Post
Quote:

Welcome!! I think we were all waiting for the questions! So, how did you build it? 🤣
I finally decided to go with my original feeling of seeing it in person for the first time. I was running at a local park and noticed it parked all alone with no other cars around. It stopped me in my tracks. I walked around it a few times and took about five pictures.....I was in love. White metallic paint on 21" double split spoke wheels. I said I want one just like that!
So I built it just like that but with ivory white interior. Then I got greedy and wanted bigger wheels for Spring/Summer. I wanted BMW oem quality, but I wasn't in love with any of the oem 22" wheels offered. After thinking long and hard and a month of research....decided to go with the factory BMW 22" wheels from the X5. I originally wanted the X5 in 2019 with 22" wheels when they came out but I had just started my AMG lease 😩. The time it took for someone to buy my lease out, the X7 was already on sale at the dealership, so I upgraded my choice to the X7. So now I have a dedicated set of all season 21" wheels and a dedicated [IMG][/IMG]set of 22" summer wheels that I really like and gave me the look I was going for with a 22" wheel and being oem BMW. Below is a raw photoshopped pic of roughly what it will look like on photoshopped 22" wheels. Tried to post more pics but the app is only allowing me one for some reason from my phone. It's a very rough photoshop, so don't judge 😂
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1