Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA Adaptive M suspension or not

01-09-2021, 07:10 PM   #1
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Adaptive M suspension or not

Hi All,
Getting ready to order the M340i xdrive to replace the 340i M sport xdrive. Just want some feed back on the M suspension versus the non M suspension. Considering that I am not tracking the car and it it will be used for mostly commuting around the Tristate area would it be worth it. Plus I am concerned about ride quality and NYC potholes.

For the record, Tanzanite Blue with Oyster interiror and red calipers. Executive pkg, rear heated seats, HK radio, power trunk, wireless and wifi, remote start.
__________________________________________________ ______
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:23 PM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

The adaptive suspension is definitely an amazing option. I waited for my build that included it. Best of both worlds.
      01-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #3
f30newb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hi All,
Getting ready to order the M340i xdrive to replace the 340i M sport xdrive. Just want some feed back on the M suspension versus the non M suspension. Considering that I am not tracking the car and it it will be used for mostly commuting around the Tristate area would it be worth it. Plus I am concerned about ride quality and NYC potholes.

For the record, Tanzanite Blue with Oyster interiror and red calipers. Executive pkg, rear heated seats, HK radio, power trunk, wireless and wifi, remote start.
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
I use mine for daily commute and decided against it. In Sport + mode, the suspension is plenty taught, and in Comfort its smooth as butter, without feeling numb. IMO, save the money - the car is amazing as it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #4
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30newb View Post
I use mine for daily commute and decided against it. In Sport + mode, the suspension is plenty taught, and in Comfort its smooth as butter, without feeling numb. IMO, save the money - the car is amazing as it is.
Thanks for the input and will take your advice. The current car 340i xdrive is fits the bill in terms of ride and comfort. Will scratch the M suspension from the order and save myself $700.00
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 08:45 PM   #5
luv2learn
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340ix MSport

You may want to review some additional opinions on this forum. Here is a thread link https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26699622

I have a new 2021 M340. I came from a 2018 340 MSport. The M340's ride is MUCH stiffer. I appreciate the feel, but on some bumpy roads and poorly paved highways, it feels borderline uncomfortable. I've grown accustomed to the ride, but had I researched the adaptive M suspension option a bit more, I'm sure I would have opted for it.

Also, I observed a few dealers in my area have batches of M340's coming in, nearly all are optioned with adaptive M.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #6
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2learn View Post
You may want review some additional opinions on this forum. Here is a thread link https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26699622

I have a new 2021 M340. I came from a 2018 340 MSport. The M340's ride is MUCH stiffer. I appreciate the feel, but on some bumpy roads and poorly paved highways, it feels borderline uncomfortable. I've grown accustomed to the ride, but had I researched the adaptive M suspension option a bit more, I'm sure I would have opted for it.

Also, I observed a few dealers in my area have batches of M340's coming in, nearly all are optioned with adaptive M.
Thank you for the input. Slight issue. Just sign the papers for the car today. OOPPSS. Lol. I did drive the car when the Drive for the cure was in NYC. Not sure it it had the M suspension though. Again, thank you for the input. I really appreciate it.
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package.
Appreciate 0