E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Muffler Delete 328i xDrive (video)

01-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
wafflecougar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i

Muffler Delete 328i xDrive (video)

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
dcart92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi

Are you happy with how it sounds? Or wishing you deleted resonators too? I plan to do this soon but I think even with the muffler deleted it sounds muffled. But I dont want to be too loud if I delete resonators too so I think I want to delete them and then replace the muffler with something with lesser resistance to the flow.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #3
wafflecougar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcart92 View Post
Are you happy with how it sounds? Or wishing you deleted resonators too? I plan to do this soon but I think even with the muffler deleted it sounds muffled. But I dont want to be too loud if I delete resonators too so I think I want to delete them and then replace the muffler with something with lesser resistance to the flow.
My main goals were to increase the sound level while also avoiding any drone. For me the sound is perfect and I am very happy with it. It's not so loud that it drones but it is definitely louder than stock by a lot. I also figured if it ended up being too quiet I could just delete the resonator as well, but I think deleting the resonator in addition to the muffler delete would make it too loud IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #4
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

So no drone from inside the cabin? Have you driven it long enough (like say a 4h drive) and over a longer timespan (2 wks+ is what I'd think, maybe 6wks in this pandemic) to conclude none is there?

Seen lots of arguing about both sides of this, and didn't find a car with this mod around here...
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 10:19 PM   #5
nikg736
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

I think it sounds pretty darn good. More than what I am looking to do with mine, but sounds way better than full delete of resonators and secondary cats. Did you leave all that intact?
Also, any sound clips of drive-by would be good. I notice people rarely do drive-by sound clips but those are most useful. Cars sound different under a load than just revving in place.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 10:35 PM   #6
wafflecougar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
So no drone from inside the cabin? Have you driven it long enough (like say a 4h drive) and over a longer timespan (2 wks+ is what I'd think, maybe 6wks in this pandemic) to conclude none is there?

Seen lots of arguing about both sides of this, and didn't find a car with this mod around here...
I've done a lot of driving since the delete. Still extremely happy with it. I haven't been annoyed by the sound once. It's obviously louder but I wouldn't call it drone, just a nice reserved growl.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 10:41 PM   #7
wafflecougar
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikg736 View Post
I think it sounds pretty darn good. More than what I am looking to do with mine, but sounds way better than full delete of resonators and secondary cats. Did you leave all that intact?
Also, any sound clips of drive-by would be good. I notice people rarely do drive-by sound clips but those are most useful. Cars sound different under a load than just revving in place.
Thanks! I did not touch the resonator and cats, the only thing removed is the muffler. I'll try to do a drive-bye clip and upload it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 01:06 PM   #8
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflecougar View Post
I've done a lot of driving since the delete. Still extremely happy with it. I haven't been annoyed by the sound once. It's obviously louder but I wouldn't call it drone, just a nice reserved growl.
Nice. Coming to Portland anytime soon?
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #9
MeBigBrain
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i

very nice
Appreciate 0