F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 930B9B - Passenger Restraint System Fault
GetBMWParts

05-30-2021, 08:30 AM   #1
maddoglee
2012 BMW M135i F20
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i F20

930B9B - Passenger Restraint System Fault

Hi,

I know this fault is throughout all the forums, but I cannot for the life of me find anything on
930B9B - Front Passenger's Seat occupancy detection short circuit to Earth.

I am driving a RHD 2012 F20 M135i. The error came up when I was driving slowly down a steep hill and went to put my seat belt on and i tugged on it... fairly hard at first then i realised i needed to be on flat ground.

This was on the driver's side, so I have no idea why i am getting a passenger side error.
Anyways, I've gotten ISTA/d and Esys working and I've cleared the fault, disconnected the occupancy sensor (creating an open circuit fault on that). Figuring out that my passenger occupancy sensor actually works...

In the photos ISTA says the fault is not relevant to this version and to ignore the fault.. its hard to ignore when its on the instrument cluster!!

THen testing the wires and can't find any shorts. Opened up the ACSM module and tracked the corresponding wires from the occupancy sensor to the microcontroller ... +ve goes to the micro... -ve is connected to ground on the pcb....

I can't find anyone else online that has had this error... and i've spent wayyy too much time trying to figure it out.
I've tried reprogramming the ACSM with E-Sys...
But it says the fault still exists...
Anyone have any ideas at all???
I think I've covered everything I had.... I'm not sure if it somehow relates to the fact that I am in a RHD car... THe driver's seat never has occupancy sensors do they?

Anyways.. Hopefully someone with a bit of knowledge will be willing to give me a hand.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
maddoglee
2012 BMW M135i F20
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i F20

Hi, I managed to fix this problem by replacing the ACSM module and reprogramming it. Bought a second hand module from eBay. It all looks good, and I've got green lights on all modules in ISTA+. Hopefully this helps someone.
Appreciate 2