ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

Rogue Engineering SSK

Hey guys,

I spoke to Rogue about this a while back, but we finally got time to bring up the discussion again. I am going to get a prototype short shift kit for the MZ4 from Rogue Engineering. They don't really want to do it since there is very little demand.

Anyone interested? If I show them people are interested in buying their stuff if they produce it, they just might start making more stuff for our car.

BTW, i am getting my SSK no matter what (they promised it to me a long time ago), but what im trying to do is gauge any interest you guys have. they are a fantastic tuning company and i'd really love to see them make some more stuff for our car. i have offered my car to them and they really aren't interested because of the demand. so come on peeps, DO IT!
      11-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

I'm interested, but only if it has the weighted selector rod. Price would most likely be the same as the E46 M3 ($425)
      11-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

I'm in for one... from what I can tell from the part numbers, the shifter should be the same as the one in the regular z4 6 speed. I think UUC actually uses the same shifter for there M and non-m z4 short shift kits. Maybe Rogue doesn't even have to make a short shift kit as they already make one that works

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #4
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

I am in for sure unless its like 1000 lol which is impossible. U should really ask them to try the 3.0 ssk on ur car to see if it works if not then ask them to make another one. I want a SSK so bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I'm in for one... from what I can tell from the part numbers, the shifter should be the same as the one in the regular z4 6 speed. I think UUC actually uses the same shifter for there M and non-m z4 short shift kits. Maybe Rogue doesn't even have to make a short shift kit as they already make one that works
The one for the regular Z4 6-sp doesn't have the weighted selector rod. That's a great feature and worht the price. I'm assuming they would create a SSK with this if they're considering a new product? Otherwise, they already have one. In that case, I'd probably opt for the UUC.
      11-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

So when will we get some feedback as to if/when RE will make a SSK for the Z4 M?
      11-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
Black///Mamba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a beast

They told me sometime before 2009 as they are finishing up some other projects. I am going to call them and talk about a weighted selector rod and see what they say. Will keep everyone posted.
      11-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

I have the UUC short-shifter and it is really a nice CNC'd piece of metal. It is very smooth.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
I have the UUC short-shifter and it is really a nice CNC'd piece of metal. It is very smooth.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #10
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

One question. Is it possible to get the short shifters UUC or Rogue with a normal thread on the top so we can have access to a wide range of aftermarket shift knobs?
I really want to get another gunmetal TWM weighted shift knob but cant coz its a screw on type.
BTW so far i hate every shift knob that is made to fit the BMW pop on/off system.
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__J__Factor View Post
One question. Is it possible to get the short shifters UUC or Rogue with a normal thread on the top so we can have access to a wide range of aftermarket shift knobs?
I really want to get another gunmetal TWM weighted shift knob but cant coz its a screw on type.
BTW so far i hate every shift knob that is made to fit the BMW pop on/off system.
get the BMW performance knob. you wont be disappointed
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #12
Alicate
Raw Conscript
Rep
Drives: Z4M - E90M3

Rogue only needs to produce the weighted rod. The combination of UUC SSK and RE rod is just the ticket. How do I know? That's what I ended with in my E39, since UUC's doble shear selector rod does not fit the linkage but their all-steel SSK is excellent. The combo is great for smooth, effortless shifting. I would buy the rod from RE if they decide to make it. Should not be that difficult.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 02:38 AM   #13
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Did this end up happening?
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #14
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__J__Factor View Post
Did this end up happening?
Rogue engineering does not make and proabably not gonna make a short shifter "Kit" for bmw however they do make a one piece short shifter for our cars which i manage to buy but haven't had time to install it. Will definitely report to you when i get it installed sometime next week since my car is currently going through some minor body work cause some asshole vandalized my car.
Appreciate 0