Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Rear RFT punctured. Patch, replace rear 2, or replace all?

08-01-2021, 03:58 PM   #1
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Rear RFT punctured. Patch, replace rear 2, or replace all?

Hey all,

I drive a 2020 330i (non-M) running RFT Pirellis 225/45 R18 95H

My rear driver-side tire has a nail puncture, quite far from the sidewall. (Damned construction zones)

Should I call around to get it patched? I've read mixed ideas around patching Pirelli run-flats. I'm happy with the performance of them and don't feel I need an upgrade unless necessary.

Other option would be replacing the rear 2 to keep things balanced (probably with PS4s since those seem to be the crowd favorite), or replacing all 4 with the PS4s (bit of an expense, which I can afford, but again, I'm happy with current tire performance.)

Thoughts? Querying your more knowledgeable minds for some advice or insight on the best way to go here? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #2
clone1008
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitration View Post
Hey all,

My rear driver-side tire has a nail puncture, quite far from the sidewall. (Damned construction zones)

Should I call around to get it patched? I've read mixed ideas around patching Pirelli run-flats. I'm happy with the performance of them and don't feel I need an upgrade unless necessary.

Other option would be replacing the rear 2 to keep things balanced (probably with PS4s since those seem to be the crowd favorite), or replacing all 4 with the PS4s (bit of an expense, which I can afford, but again, I'm happy with current tire performance.)

Thoughts? Querying your more knowledgeable minds for some advice or insight on the best way to go here? Thanks in advance!
I had a nail in my RTF coming home the day of delivery. I went to Walmart and bought a plug kit and did it myself. That was 10,000 miles ago and not a single issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 12:33 AM   #3
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone1008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitration View Post
Hey all,

I had a nail in my RTF coming home the day of delivery. I went to Walmart and bought a plug kit and did it myself. That was 10,000 miles ago and not a single issue.
Got it patched. Will keep an eye on it over the new few months
Appreciate 1
clone1008170.00