E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Should i be concerned? Rb replacement

09-29-2021, 04:02 AM   #1
Tkenupp
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Hi there, I just sold my 350z and got an 2011 e92 with 107k Miles. the car has full bolt-ons , upgraded IC, radiator, fans , Fuel pump , HPFP and it is running on MHD stage 2+ on 91. The last owner took really good care of her and provided all maintenance records up to 20k miles back during his ownership mainly on reputable indy shops and dealer, the car also has some paperwork dating back to 7k miles, However, reading through threads and not knowing too much about the first ownership should i go ahead and replace the rod bearings since everything else was sorted out? i saw a youtube video whereas the guy replaced his n54 stock bearings with king bearings and almost sized his engine due to clearance problems, then having to go back to color coded stock bearings. By the way, is the rod bearings problem a real thing? Since this will be a weekend car only, any advices?

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #2
Aceway
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i / F25 28i

Link to YouTube video of king bearings clearance issues? I dropped off my car earlier this week to have the rod bearings done at 163k miles. Opted for the king bearings. It wasn't a job I felt like doing. Car has been on PPK tune most of its life and oil changed regularly. No hiccups under my ownership but I haven't had it long. I'm curious to see how the bearings look on mine.
Appreciate 0