E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 07 E90 335i electrical issue?

09-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #1
Creeperstyle101
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 335i

07 E90 335i electrical issue?

I recently purchased a 335i a while back and the battery on it died a couple days ago I got it tested after a boost didn't work, turns out it had a bad cell in it so I got a new battery the same day (same specs as old one)put it back in and car started right up. Yesterday I tried starting the car and nothing happened, so I boosted the car and when it started the whole dash lit up “transmission malfunction””driving stability turned off””check engine light””abs”.I let it idle for a bit and turned it off. Tried restarting the car didn't start again. So I boosted it again and it started so I let it idle and the car slowly started shutting down again so I turned it off. Not sure if related to the electrical issue when the car was dead I could hear a ticking noise coming from behind the glove box even though there no power to the car noise went away after disconnecting battery. The current issues I know with this car is a valve cover gasket leak and oil pan just starting to leak. Any Ideas on what the issue could be for car not starting and what that noise in glovebox was.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #2
jamaicaLemons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeperstyle101 View Post
I recently purchased a 335i a while back and the battery on it died a couple days ago I got it tested after a boost didn't work, turns out it had a bad cell in it so I got a new battery the same day (same specs as old one)put it back in and car started right up. Yesterday I tried starting the car and nothing happened, so I boosted the car and when it started the whole dash lit up “transmission malfunction””driving stability turned off””check engine light””abs”.I let it idle for a bit and turned it off. Tried restarting the car didn't start again. So I boosted it again and it started so I let it idle and the car slowly started shutting down again so I turned it off. Not sure if related to the electrical issue when the car was dead I could hear a ticking noise coming from behind the glove box even though there no power to the car noise went away after disconnecting battery. The current issues I know with this car is a valve cover gasket leak and oil pan just starting to leak. Any Ideas on what the issue could be for car not starting and what that noise in glovebox was.
Could be a bad voltage regulator. They like to go out causing weird electrical things such as these
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #3
Creeperstyle101
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicaLemons View Post
Could be a bad voltage regulator. They like to go out causing weird electrical things such as these
Okay thanks ill try replacing that
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 02:04 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Try getting a Voltmeter and measuring stuff before you go blindly
throwing parts at it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 06:04 PM   #5
jamaicaLemons