BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep
Drives: '22 X4

In Regards To Package Deletions...

I've heard from 2 - now 3 - different genius reps that once your vehicle enters "Production Begins" you're in the clear.

Supposedly your order can't enter that stage unless all parts are gathered that are needed to build it. If anything gets deleted - it will be before your order enters that stage.

I hope this relieves some stress I think we're all sharing right now.
      09-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
jhm5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, 440i, Z4 MR, 2002

That is reassuring, I guess. SeaZoobies, are you next week? Me too. It's logical that the highly coordinated just in time assembly process could not deal with the chaos created if changes were made as the vehicle moved down the line. Worker reaches for premium package wiring harness. None available, so grabs something else hanging there. That would not work.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #3
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
That is reassuring, I guess. SeaZoobies, are you next week? Me too. It's logical that the highly coordinated just in time assembly process could not deal with the chaos created if changes were made as the vehicle moved down the line. Worker reaches for premium package wiring harness. None available, so grabs something else hanging there. That would not work.
I was supposed to be the 4th for an estimated completion. It got moved to the 1st, so Friday.

All goes well - I should have it by next weekend.
      09-29-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
jhm5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZoobies View Post
I was supposed to be the 4th for an estimated completion. It got moved to the 1st, so Friday.

All goes well - I should have it by next weekend.
Mine just showed entering assembly line. Mine might be Friday as well and had been slated for next week. The BMWUSA tracker is slow. The vehicle didn't go from entering production this morning to body assembly to paint to assembly line in one day.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 07:21 AM   #5
SergioKoko
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i LCI, Scirocco MK3

Quote:

Supposedly your order can't enter that stage unless all parts are gathered that are needed to build it. If anything gets deleted - it will be before your order enters that stage.
Doesn't this sound a bit of an oxymoron? I mean, doesn't the phrase "all parts gathered that are needed to built it" implies that the optional equipment such as the HD radio or lumbar support (as read elsewhere) are considered part of the built? Maybe, I am thinking of it in a too absolute way, I guess.

Moreover, is there a case where each dealer placing an order has a different impact according to various ceiteria on the course of car production and on whether there will be changes during final delivery? For instance based on different reputation and sales volume...I just try to think the kind of protocol or formula they follow when coming to options or packages' deletions.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 12:16 PM   #6
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioKoko View Post
Doesn't this sound a bit of an oxymoron? I mean, doesn't the phrase "all parts gathered that are needed to built it" implies that the optional equipment such as the HD radio or lumbar support (as read elsewhere) are considered part of the built? Maybe, I am thinking of it in a too absolute way, I guess.

Moreover, is there a case where each dealer placing an order has a different impact according to various ceiteria on the course of car production and on whether there will be changes during final delivery? For instance based on different reputation and sales volume...I just try to think the kind of protocol or formula they follow when coming to options or packages' deletions.
You may be over analyzing. If your order does lose any packages - it will be before it goes into "production begins."

Once there - that means all of the parts are ready. Unless taken off.
      09-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #7
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep

Quote:
Mine just showed entering assembly line. Mine might be Friday as well and had been slated for next week. The BMWUSA tracker is slow. The vehicle didn't go from entering production this morning to body assembly to paint to assembly line in one day.
Woo. We're on the same page now. Entering Assembly Line as of 8am PST.
      09-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #8
jhm5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Woo. We're on the same page now. Entering Assembly Line as of 8am PST.
Well as of 2pm EDT, I'm awaiting carrier delivery! I ordered it one month ago today.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:09 PM   #9
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep

Quote:
Well as of 2pm EDT, I'm awaiting carrier delivery! I ordered it one month ago today.
Nice! Ordered mine 9/7/21 - ETA wasn't supposed to be until 2nd or 3rd full week of October.

So I'm pretty damn excited it got moved up - it'll most likely be at the dealership before next weekend, looks like I'm prolonging my vacation and going on a road trip.
      09-30-2021, 06:32 PM   #10
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

When I was choosing the spec of my X3 (remotely/online), the dealer I was working with would send me a pdf file with the spec I was thinking about, which would explicitly state what was no longer included.

So here in the UK, the Technology Pack should include Harmon Kardon speakers and extended Bluetooth and wireless charging, for example. They were explicitly called out as no longer included in the pack in aforementioned pdf spec quote. So I excluded it.

I was told the Parking Pack we have here (360 cameras and Drive Recorder) is still available so ordered this as a standalone pack.

Currently still have a week 44 build slot (ordered in mid September) and have not been told that I won't get my chosen spec:
M Sport Pro
Comfort Plus
Parking Pack
Appreciate 1
mathys202.50