E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan Question - Stage II w/Intercooler

11-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Dinan Question - Stage II w/Intercooler

I tried searching and didn't necessarily find a concise flow of posts to find the info I am looking for

Are most people with Dinan Stage II keeping the factory intercooler or upgrading to the Dinan Intercooler or other aftermarket offering (i.e. AA, Helix, etc.)?

I am thinking about doing Dinan Stage II (I have factory Oil Cooler) in the spring, and possibly doing the Dinan Intercooler as well because it gets hot and humid here.

I thought about Stage III but don't want to buy the Dinan Oil Cooler and spend the extra for the Stage III tune.

From what I have read the IC does make a difference for tuned cars. Am I selling myself short by not spending the extra cash for stage III and Dinan OC?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
samps
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Transit

I have Stage II with the Dinan Oil Cooler, only because I did not have a stock oil cooler. I think you should be ok with the stock intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
Dinan335iMD
Bmw for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: Always broken

i have the dinan ic, stage 3, oil cooler, i def could tell the difference when i got the stuff done..but the only problem with the stage 3 is my wastegate rattles so loud i have to keep the windows up. now dinan is supposed to fix the problem and if they do then i would reccomend it
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

I have the factory oil and intercooler w/ my stage II setup...
Appreciate 0