BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Emergency call system not available

12-19-2021, 06:47 AM   #1
E46FanaticEurope
Rep
Drives: e46

Question Emergency call system not available

Hi there! Could someone please help me with this?

I would like to get a g31 530d and found a car from 2017 in basically mint condition, however there is a "emergency call system not available" message (I found the message online, see picture please).

From what I found on the forums here, it may be the back-up battery of the SOS call system, a problem with BMW server or a worse problem with the antenna on the roof of the car (so navigation etc. wouldn't work, too).

As far as I could tell, navi etc. were all ok in the car, so I guess this must be the SOS back-up battery or maybe something in the settings? Because also a "emergency call system malfunction" error message exists, but this is not the case. So could someone please advise me on this? What does the "info" message mean? Is it different from the "malfunction" message? They must mean different things, right? And what would the cost for repair be (if this is even a repair thing).

Otherwise the car is very nice and I wouldn't want to "lose" it due to some minor problem, however I can't risk that there is some major problem with the antenna, navigation, GPS etc. So pretty much don't know what to do until I understand what the problem is.

https://thumbsnap.com/sc/4BpkSYqb.jpg

Thank you!
Appreciate 0