BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Lovecars / Tiff Needell - BMW X7 vs Range Rover Vogue

12-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Lovecars / Tiff Needell - BMW X7 vs Range Rover Vogue

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

I love how the Brit's absolutely ignore now terrible the reliability is with the Range Rover. It's only gotten worse with all the touch screens.
      12-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #3
X5MSD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40i M Performance

Can't stand RR
Usually driven by knobs
Not all us brits like them
Appreciate 1
F30Andy1774.00
      12-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #4
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Love the new RR HSE with the first time folding third row. Never owned one and glad I never did because of the reliability issues. They always said if you own one you MUST have another vehicle to drive while the RT is constantly in the shop.

Love my X7 but I hate vehicles that live at the repair shot whether covered by warranty or not. Hopefully the X7 treats me right.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #5
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
A bit disappointing to see mud splashed inside when off-roading in a £100k+ BMW, otherwise, what a car!
      12-29-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

I once owned a 2006 HSE that produced repair bills that I still have nightmares about.

Worst design feature was the air suspension that fails constantly and then won't let you drive over 35mph. Made for an exciting trip home on a crazy Chicago expressway.
      12-29-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
jsmonet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

I do love that the primary drive to stay in the Range is "certain people drive them"

No, let's not talk about the road manners, performance, reliability--which is a funny thing to come out ahead on here, let's stick to "these footballers love them"

...because let's be fair, "captains of industry" tend to favor a very different double R haha
      12-29-2021, 10:05 PM   #8
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

I totally get that they're the pride of England. Legendary in their own right.

For over $100K I'd rather fully restomod a classic one to be honest.
Attached Images

12-30-2021, 04:54 AM   #9
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Bags more room, better reliability and stronger engine - that's why I went for the X7
      12-30-2021, 06:48 PM   #10
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MSD View Post
Can't stand RR
Usually driven by knobs
Not all us brits like them
Isn't the British royal family German as well? German is better. LOL.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2021, 10:29 AM   #11
Triple Action
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i, '22 X5 xDrive 40i

My good buddy Jon here drives a RR, he just told me he is about to get rid of it because the lag on the touchscreen is so bad it drives him nuts. Just the latest in a string of issues. He had driven a fully optioned GMC Denali pickup for years (this is Georgia, truck country) and I think he was seduced a bit by the image of Range Rover. He got his about a year ago. I told him not to do anything until he drives my X7 M50i with DHP which is a week 3 build. I've ridden in Range Rovers plenty, I love the exterior styling and they are very comfortable, just too showy for me, like the G Wagon.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 10:48 AM   #12
BMWSCOTT11
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
I have been debating between the X7 and the RR Sport. Im scared to get the sport because of all the reliability issues but can't deny how aggressively cool they look all around on the exterior.

I love the X7 front end but the rear looks kind of soccer mom van like to me. But I've always owned BMWs so I'll probably stick with them.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #13
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

If you think the touch screen lag is bad, wait until you feel that supercharger! Push the pedal to the floor, count to three and you're off!
      12-31-2021, 04:51 PM   #14
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSCOTT11 View Post
Quote:
I have been debating between the X7 and the RR Sport. Im scared to get the sport because of all the reliability issues but can't deny how aggressively cool they look all around on the exterior.

I love the X7 front end but the rear looks kind of soccer mom van like to me. But I've always owned BMWs so I'll probably stick with them.
I used to own a RRS and aside from the Infotainment was one of my favorite SUVs. The things I liked:

1. Rides high with great view of the road.
2. Very comfortable rear seats with more legroom than the X5. Not sure how it compares to the X7. But the seat itself is very nice on the RRS.
3. Great off road capabilities. I drove it on the sands in Corolla beach with no problems. Great on snow as well. I even took it on a trail with a friend who had a Wrangler and the RRS did fine. Pretty amazing.
4. Awesome audio system. The best I have ever had.
5. I have owned a RRS, Porsche Cayenne S and X5 50i. Most of my friends and family still consider the RRS as the best SUV. LOL. Definitely the one my wife liked the most.

Ownership cost was no different from any German vehicle. But LR are more expensive to lease and price climbs fast. Especially true for a RR.

The newest RR seems to have fixed their laggy infotainment.

The LR dealership experience in the DC area isn't great and one reason I went to Porsche down the road when I needed to get a new SUV.

IMHO, the Range Rover looks nicer than an X7. Although I prefer the looks of the X5 M Sport and X5M over the current RRS. I also prefer the Velar looks over the X3/X4. My 2 cents worth.

The new RR has a BMW V8 option now. The RRS I owned was definitely not as responsive as the X5 50i.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2021, 06:10 PM   #15
BMWSCOTT11
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSCOTT11 View Post
Quote:

I used to own a RRS and aside from the Infotainment was one of my favorite SUVs. The things I liked:

1. Rides high with great view of the road.
2. Very comfortable rear seats with more legroom than the X5. Not sure how it compares to the X7. But the seat itself is very nice on the RRS.
3. Great off road capabilities. I drove it on the sands in Corolla beach with no problems. Great on snow as well. I even took it on a trail with a friend who had a Wrangler and the RRS did fine. Pretty amazing.
4. Awesome audio system. The best I have ever had.
5. I have owned a RRS, Porsche Cayenne S and X5 50i. Most of my friends and family still consider the RRS as the best SUV. LOL. Definitely the one my wife liked the most.

Ownership cost was no different from any German vehicle. But LR are more expensive to lease and price climbs fast. Especially true for a RR.

The newest RR seems to have fixed their laggy infotainment.

The LR dealership experience in the DC area isn't great and one reason I went to Porsche down the road when I needed to get a new SUV.

IMHO, the Range Rover looks nicer than an X7. Although I prefer the looks of the X5 M Sport and X5M over the current RRS. I also prefer the Velar looks over the X3/X4. My 2 cents worth.

The new RR has a BMW V8 option now. The RRS I owned was definitely not as responsive as the X5 50i.
Thanks…good points. That's one of the reasons also why I like the RR Bette is because of how it sits up taller than the BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 02:10 AM   #16
wendieholster
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I have long since run out of arguments against the Range Rover, to tell the truth. Once upon a time, I really admired other cars. For me, the compactness of the vehicle was important, whether it was a motorcycle, bicycle, or car. I'd never become a caravan owner because this machine would require more care, washing every month. I think I wouldn't have the patience to wash it every time, just like I do general cleaning in my house. In addition, when I read about the Range Rover more info here, I became more convinced in my thoughts. But it doesn't matter anymore, because now I'm happy with this model.

Last edited by wendieholster; 05-16-2022 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 0